Dish 522 Standby sleep mode

brentburtrum

Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Is there a way to turn off the sleep/standby mode on the 522? When i turn the tv on it has the dish logo and says press select to continue. I have a HD upconverter, and if it loses signal the only way to get it to rerecoginize the satellite is to unplug the upconverter and plug it back in, kinda a hassle.

It's likely entering standby after running the daily automatic update. I can't remember the exact menu location of that setting, but it isn't too hard to find.

I'm intrigued by your HD upconverter statement though. Is it just upconverting the video output of the 522? If so, the bouncing dish logo "screen saver" shouldn't be considered any different signal-wise than when the receiver is "on"...

I think he is talking about a video processor/scaler. I have a TAW RockPro video processor and it has no problems sinking up with the output of the 522 after it goes into standby mode. It may be a problem specific to your equipment. I know the RockPro states in the manual to make sure all video sources and TV are on and operating prior to powering up the video processor to make sure the DVI output sinks up correctly however I have never had any problems with that yet. (Knock on Wood)

Are you sure, with the 522? I've heard that's true of some other receivers but I know my 522 has been on longer than that at times with no interaction, and no recording or other timers during that time. This is with past and present software revisions. But then again, hardly any two 522s behave the same. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure of the exact timing, four hours just sticks in my head for some reason (along with the other voices) ;) . Anyway, I really don't know what qualifies as interaction; I"m assuming it would have to be a channel change, info, menu, etc.

You cannot turn it off. That bouncing Dish logo ALWAYS kicks in as soon as you turn it "off". The manual sez the purpose of the bouncing logo is a visual reminder so that you always know when the TV is connected to and tuned to the correct channel for the 522 (would be important for TV2).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)