Dish 522 TV2 Combined w/ CATV

Pablo_New

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
I've got a DVR 522 TV2 output feeding a tv in a separate area which only has 1 coax input jack. If I want to have my CATV feed that same tv, can I use a splitter/combiner, or do I need to use something else?

I use the TV2 to record programs and if somebody wants to watch something else, at least they can watch some limited cable channels.

You might just have to use a switch on that TV, I've tried the splitter/combiner method before and what I ended up with was either the dish channel overkilling all the others or the others overkilling the dish channel (if I put an amp on the cable line).

Pablo_New said:
I've got a DVR 522 TV2 output feeding a tv in a separate area which only has 1 coax input jack. If I want to have my CATV feed that same tv, can I use a splitter/combiner, or do I need to use something else?

I use the TV2 to record programs and if somebody wants to watch something else, at least they can watch some limited cable channels.
How do you do the system setting, is it two line going to tv1 and tv2 ? or there is a seperator from one line then to tv 1 & 2 ? and is tere a spare line for CCTV ?? from the same outlet or some place else. actually need to know how the setting before can make the answer on this question.

Two sat feeds to TV1 and TV2 (DP 34 switch). TV1 out feeds TV in LR; TV2 out feeds TV on sunporch, where I only have one cable running. I wanted to add CATV to sunporch without having to run a second cable and have an A/B switch.

From OoTLink's post, it doesn't sound like it will work. I may just give it a try to see what happens. I thought I needed some other gear like a diplexer or something other high-falutin' gizmo.

Usually, you can use a common splitter by running it backward. That is, put the TV2 and CATV on the "out" connections, and feed the set with the input connection. If you have crosstalk, you may need to put a pad on the offending feed. These inline signal reducers are available from most places that install TV systems. Use a good quality splitter.

attenuators? Ya know, receivers tend to come with those too, so if you need one it never hurts to dig into the box your receiver came with :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)