Dish 6.3 remote compatible with whatAtsc tuner DVD

Mikegee52

Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
USA
Hello all,
I am new to the site so let me say hello to all. I have a problem that I thought would be easily answered by Dish. Not so. With the digital changeover I do not want to end up with three or four different remotes for my TV etc. I (like a dummy) bought a tv / monitor that is HD but only has the analog tuner internal. So....now I need a HD (ATSC) tuner. My first choice would be a combo DVD and tuner, but, it MUST be compaible with my Dish 6.3 remote. Can I sum it up this way, looking for a combo (DVD ATSC tuner) that I can controll with my Dish 6.3 remote. Does anyone have or know of a brand and part number? I would appreciate it but my wife would REALLY appreciate it. She is a "button Girl." Just love to push those buttons even if she does not know what they are for! :up
Thank you in advance,
Mike

There are several DVD recorders that have built in ATSC tuners. Whether or not any of them can be controlled by the 6.3 remote is a different question. There are a ton of codes so who knows.

Onto the important part. You are defeating the purpose of ATSC HD set by only recording to DVD which is linited to 480p. A few will upconvert, but you are better off getting a digital tuner such as the DTVPal DVR, which will record OTA signals in there native format of 720P or 1080i and output to your TV through component or HDMI, however your set is equiped. It's about the same price as a good DVD recorder.

There are several DVD recorders that have built in ATSC tuners. Whether or not any of them can be controlled by the 6.3 remote is a different question. There are a ton of codes so who knows.

Onto the important part. You are defeating the purpose of ATSC HD set by only recording to DVD which is linited to 480p. A few will upconvert, but you are better off getting a digital tuner such as the DTVPal DVR, which will record OTA signals in there native format of 720P or 1080i and output to your TV through component or HDMI, however your set is equiped. It's about the same price as a good DVD recorder.

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/builddish/dtvpal/dtvPalLand.do

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)