Dish 6000 guide problem

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
My Dish 6000 program guide is all messed up. I can't get HBO-HD, the guide says it is a PPV channel. Listings on most channels are incorrect or listed for the incorrect channel. Is anyone else having this problem and is it a part of the latest downloaded software.

Just pull your card and reinsert. This will reset the stb and the guide will refresh. This corrupt guide has been happening often since the last update when it was supposedly compressed allowing more data.

I have been having this problem A LOT.

I am close to RMAing my 6000 for another one as it does not seem many people are having these problems.

Ive rebooted (holding the power key on the front) I have removed and reinserted the smart card and still the problem comes back on almost a daily basis.

Kind of annoying to try to watch sanford and son and to be told to watch it I need to pay $3.99

Scott,

I have had my 6000 for a year. It did not do this until the last firmware update. Mine is not a daily occurance but a couple times a week. A simple card removal reset fixes it. Hopefully E* knows about this and will fix in future updates. I am guessing it is related to the code they included to add more guide data.

I haven't had this particular issue, but I've had problems when changing OTA channels where my 6000 just reboots itself. It's getting to be as bad as my 501 on needing a reboot.

Also, sporadically, I will lose the sound on my OTA Analog channels, all I get is a very loud static sound. I have to pull the power, yank the 8vsb and 8psk mods, pop them back in, repower and all is well. I've had 2 8vsb mods and 1 8psk mod replaced because of this problem and it is still doing it. I may need a new 6000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts