Dish 622/722 L512 Software Release Notes

One thing that I noticed for the first time last night, was that when I did an "info" on a program. That if I pressed twice and rececived the opaque window, that there is a icon indicating which slot I'm receiving the channel from. So for HDnet it said 110. For my local HD it had a 61.5 icon.

Is this new?

No, it's already been discovered. Can't fnd the thread right now. I think it got introduced with L510

Thanks, I figured as much. I usually don't use to opaque window, so I knew it was possible that it had been around for a while.

System Info Detail (menu 6 1 3 Details) shows "STB Health Lite" for Orbitals (TPs?) 14 15 16 21 but only for 110 119 and 129, not 61.5 on my DPP44. (0 for 129 on TP 14 15). The canonical TPs for 110/119 were 11 and 12, weren't they?

What are Value 0 through 9? (I have 0 to 6=0 7=-2 8=1 9=1.)
BTW, on the status board what is section b? (I have 32/64.)

Cyclone, the sat number has been around since after 509 but I think it is wrong some times.
-Ken

Alright!!

The 512 upgrade came thru last night and my DVR keys are functioning properly again.

Hopes this also took care of the other problem where the channel would go to "acquiring signal" but as soon as you pushed the program guide key, it would come right back on. That was really beginning to piss me off. So far so good.

I woke up this morning to the "acquiring signal" box , so I don't think this has been fixed. I had said in another post that I thought this may be due to my 722 being in single mode with the 2nd tuner on a local ota and sometimes losing the signal and getting the yellow box. anybody else have this setup and getting error 002.

One thing that I noticed for the first time last night, was that when I did an "info" on a program. That if I pressed twice and rececived the opaque window, that there is a icon indicating which slot I'm receiving the channel from. So for HDnet it said 110. For my local HD it had a 61.5 icon.

Is this new?

It also appears when viewing the info window on recorded programs, both on the DVR and EHD. When viewed this way I am not sure if it is showing the satellite that the program originated from, or if it is merely the last one the reciever was tuned to when the recorded program started.

I just noticed that if I go to the system info screen by pushing the MENU button twice, and then select the NEXT on-screen button, it goes to a screen that offers to upload or download the system configuration to or from the new remotes that are supposed to be coming out. (Previously I think it went to the diagnostics screen, but I'm not sure.) Did this just happen with this release, or was it in the last one?

My 622 was working fine before L512, however, now I get the good old "acquiring signal" message on 118 tp 18. Have not had any issues prior. Either they are related, or a major coincidence.

My 622 was working fine before L512, however, now I get the good old "acquiring signal" message on 118 tp 18. Have not had any issues prior. Either they are related, or a major coincidence.
I would check signal levels; usually I'm creating SS full table after install/realigning and compare late on if a person had such issue.

I would check signal levels; usually I'm creating SS full table after install/realigning and compare late on if a person had such issue.

All TPs on 118 have SS in the 30-50's with the exception of TP 18, which seems to recently hover between 9 and 11, intermittantly going to 25. Unfortunately, 2 of my locals are on this tp. I might give realigning my dish a shot, but would it be normal that all other TPs on same sat come in loud and clear, except 1? This is one by the way I have never had a prior issue with.

Now what did I do?
I tried menu menu next next just to see what was there.
It hung with no response to arrows or select.

Reboot time. Like it went to never-never page

Does the "download" require a special remote to receive the info? I did not start that.
-Ken

Yes, the remotes haven't come out yet, as far as I know. But just going to the initial screen doesn't hang for me.

Before L512 the Maximum Number of Recorded Events timer option worked, now it does not. My son has two timers set up on our 622 each with a limit of 5 episodes to keep. We even tried deleting and recreating the timers but that option still doesn't work, recordings just keep piling up.

Does anyone else use this feature, and is it working for you?? I don't want to report an issue if I'm doing something wrong....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)