DISH 622 - a way to go from HDMI out to RGB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

alipka

Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
I have just acquired a 622. Previously, I had a 921, and I ran component out to a plasma for HD that way.

I also have a CRT projector in my home theater, and I want to run a feed to that projector. With the 921, I used a DVI-to-RGB adapter from my computer monitor, and it worked fine out of the DVI port from the 921. This was DVI-I.

Now, there is no DVI port on the 622. I purchased a HDMI to DVI adapter, but this is DVI-D, so it doesn't fit (there are four pins surrounding the horizontal bar on the DVI-to-RGB adapter, and no holes for them on the HDMI-DVI adapter).

So, does anyone know: 1) Where can I get an HDMI-to-DVI-I adapter, which I can then run to RGB through my DVI-to-RGB adapter, and 2) Will this work? (an alternative would be a DVI-D to RGB adapter, but I suspect that this would either not work or is not available).

The bottom line is I want a feed to the CRT projector so I can still watch HD, and the component output is spoken for.

Thanks.

RGB input takes analog signal. DVI-I (which has DVI-D and DVI-A together) has the same analog signal over DVI-A pins so a simple adapter works. HDMI only has digital signal, therefore only HDMI to DVI-D adapters are available for a reasonable price. To convert HDMI to DVI-A a DAC is needed. This is possible, but a component switch would be much better solution.

My TV (Barco Retrovision 801S) only takes RGBHV so I had to use a transcoder to go from Component to RGB. With a lot of research on www.avsforum.com and other places, I came to:

http://www.crescendo-systems.com/rev_transcoder.html

This is an excellent little device and when you see what it can do on screen its amazing. They are custom made, so you need to wait a little while for any one you order, but they are known as some of the best if RGB is your only option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)