Dish 622 HDMI Goes Out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ju421019

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Hi - I have a Dish 622 - and the HDMI port is no longer working. I am out of contract and have the Dish 622 from Dish Network as my primary receiver?

Will they replace the receiver if I call them for free?

I did all troubleshooting like make sure its not my TV that is the problem.

Thanks!

If you have Dish Home Protection Plan and it's a leased receiver, then it should be free.
If you don't have Dish Protection Plan, I think they just charge you $15 shipping or something.
(again, assuming it's leased).

If you don't have DHPP, you can call and have it added in, then call to get free replacement.
People do it all the time and Dish doesn't seem to mind. They probably figure once you're on DHPP, maybe you'll stick with it or not get around to canceling after you get the new receiver.

YEs add the dish home protection plan for 5.99 , then call and get a rma for the receiver and it won't cost you anything to ship it to your house and to mail back the old receiver. Wait a couple of weeks and cancel the protection plan. You can add it when you need it and take it off when you don't.

i got my 622 replaced when the HDMI broke just 2 weeks ago, without having dhpp. It is leased. I am half way through a 2 year commitment but not sure if that is the same thing as the OP means by "contract"
Call tech support and they will take you through the tests etc and see what they say. if they say it will cost then take the dhpp route

I just went to a service call for a 622 with HDMI not working. The HDMI cable got damaged by rough handling at the connector. Some of the prongs were bent in.

My HDMI port on the 622 broke a couple of time and they replaced mine. However, each time you replace, you lose all the recorded program, all your schedules. Mine is now broken but I just switch to component (red, blue, green). I can't tell any different in picture quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts