Dish 622 L445 Release Notes

More than likely the "shows ending early" is because the broadcasters sometimes run shows a minute or two long. Dish's guide DOES NOT take this into account.

An example of this is "Private Practice" which aired on Wednesday night. The official time for the show was 9:00-10:02 Eastern/Pacific. In our guide, however, it showed as ending at 10:00.

This overrun happens with many popular shows, like Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, etc. Happens with Heroes too, though the "official" schedule didn't seem to indicate the overrun even though the last 30 seconds of the show always airs during my Journeyman recording.

did this update remove the hd water mark from the antenna channels, or was that the last?

i didn't mind that antenna channels were not labeled as hd cause i never watched them, but now there are no hd markings for the antenna recordings in the dvr that really are hd :(

Lost Scheduled Recording To ERD - Panny DMR-EH75V

Apparently the 622 L445 update affected the scheduled recordings to my external DVDR/HDD Panasonic. With L445 the Panasonic doesn't get the "trigger" from the 622 to come on and begin recording at the scheduled time. :(

Apparently the 622 L445 update affected the scheduled recordings to my external DVDR/HDD Panasonic. With L445 the Panasonic doesn't get the "trigger" from the 622 to come on and begin recording at the scheduled time. :(

I never knew Dish provided the ability to control other devices. Where is that in the menu?

That's what I always thought, but HDinTX claims otherwise. Did we miss something with a previous software version? I looked at the menu screen in question and it provides no explanation of itself at all, but surely if it was intended to control an analog recording device there would be somewhere to set up IR codes rather than just turn the feature on or off. But I never looked at it in previous versions, because I had always read it was just for the PocketDish.

[rant] Dish has this ridiculous inability to document their own software, or even provide sane user interface design. For example, not telling us what an External Recording Device is supposed to be. For another example, giving "air, cable, hrc, irc" options in the input setup screen, leading us to believe that they might have the ability to record analog or QAM channels when they don't. If this setting is for the RF output format, it should be in the output channel selection screen. If it's not, what's it doing in the software in the first place? [/rant]

OK, here's the deal with recordings ending early. Basically, the "Add 3 minutes" was not working. So, recordings stopped as though there were no minutes added to the recording. Network shows almost always go past the exact time listed in the DVR. So, if the recording stopped at the end of the hour, the end of the show got cut off.

To fix this, I went through ALL of my timers and changed them to add 5 minutes instead of 3. This worked for me.

I do not know which version I had of the software when I was getting the problem, but I just made these changes a few days ago.

At this point, I am too lazy to go through and change all of my timers back to 3 minutes.

When I switched my recording to 5 minutes ibstead of three. The 722 preempted all recording that came after the 5 minute addition. I had to switch them back to three to get the second recording.

When I switched my recording to 5 minutes ibstead of three. The 722 preempted all recording that came after the 5 minute addition. I had to switch them back to three to get the second recording.

They really need to make this clearer. If the pad is 5 minutes or more it becomes hard/permanent. Back to back shows will not record. The higher priority event happens. You should get a conflict message.

If the pad is less the 5 minutes, the pad is removed to allow back-2-back recordings.

Not sure if this has changed w/ 445.

Since network shows routinely run over (especially ABC), I don't consider the pads optional. Personally, I rather see a checkbox to select if the pad is hard or soft.

I'd also like a view in the schedule that allows me to see only the timers that are skipped due to priority so I can manually resolve them if I like.

622 updates

I was gone last weekend, when I turned on my tv with the dish 622, I found all the programs that I had recorded all removed. Has any one else had this happen ?.

j d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)