Dish 622 UHF Pro remote no longer responds

emtownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Post Falls, ID
I have a 622 with both UHF and IR remotes. The remote with the green "1" at the bottom works (IR). The all silver remote, labeled, "UHF Pro" does not work. The antenna is on all the way and the box has been reset a few times. No go.
Any tricks to get a UHF remote re-paired with its box?

Thanks!

EDIT: The UHF is for "TV2" and apparently does work. When I went to TV setup and reset the channel, it responded for TV2 (blue).
So, the new question is: How can I switch the remotes so I can use the UHF for TV1? I only have one TV (HD) connected to the 622.

Last edited:
When you press the power button on the blue#2 remote, does it turn the blue tv2 power light on and off?
If it does....then press the mode button inside the front door and change the box to "single" mode, then both remotes will operate the tv1 tuner.

If the blue tv2 remote doesn't turn the blue light off and on, then you'll need to personalize that remote to your box. pm me and I'll explain how. Or just read your owners manual......that book collecting dust in the drawer that most people never open.:)

Thanks for the replies! That is helpful. I did NOT check for single vs dual mode in the front panel. I'll do that tonight and post if it doesn't work (although I suspect it will).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts