Dish 625 not picking up 119w on check switch

scoob8000

Original poster
Nov 20, 2010
Pittsburgh
Here's my setup at home:

Dish 1000.2 dish, output one goes to a seperator to a Dish 722. Output 2 goes to a seperator to a Dish 625.

We just setup a campsite where I installed a used Dish 500 with Plus/Pro Twin LNB. (Same exact setup I had before going with the HD package. I brought the 625 receiver over and hooked it up with the separator. When I do a check switch I get 110 OK, but where 119 normally would be it just says Conn.

If I go to the point dish screen I'm getting pretty good signal on both 110 and 119 (looking at transponder 11&12 as my searches suggested).

Obviously I'm missing a lot of channels with this setup, but what's confusing me is that I can see signal from 119 on the point dish screen.

What am I missing here? So far I've tried using both inputs/outputs on the receiver/lnb without the separator, and flopping the outputs as well.

Pic on my check switch below (hopefully picassa doesn't remove it)

IMG_20101120_125512.jpg

your 110 should be in position 2, with that said you need to drop elevation 4 degrees and nudge back west a bit and be sure to run another check switch

I'll see if I can give that a shot tomorrow. I kept wondering if it was an aiming issue, but seeing signal on both in point dish is what threw me off..

Hi, to elaborate a bit - you are picking up the 110 satellite from the 119 side of the LNB. The 110 side is pointing at space and not getting a signal. Aluminium foil can be used to block one side of the LNB to make it a bit faster to setup while portable. Later, DC

I'll see if I can give that a shot tomorrow. I kept wondering if it was an aiming issue, but seeing signal on both in point dish is what threw me off..

Most likely, at Point Dish, 119 had a red bar and said "Wrong Sat." Just means it's picking up 110 when it's expecting 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts