Dish 625 Remote (Green) Not Working

coreillydish

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Hi everyone. In June I upgraded to a Dish 625. While using the Dish Green #1 remote today it suddenly stopped working. Completely dead. I replaced the batteries and nothing. I took out the batteries, let it sit for a few hours, and put new batteries back in. It is still dead. So what is the Dish policy for this? I have only had this remote for like 6 weeks. If I call Dish are they going to send me a new one for free? Thanks for the help.

Push the system info button on the front of the receiver, then push record on the remote.

it's possible somebody changed the remote address and didn't tell you.

you can get a replacement cheap on ebay if dish wants to charge for it.

All buttons on the remote are dead. When I hit TV, SAT, etc. nothing lights up at all. It is acting like it doesn't have any batteries in it.

Take the battery door off the TV 2 remote remove the blue#2 tag turn it over and reinsert in remote. Follow peppers instructions, if receiver responds the problem is definitely your remote call DISH and they should replace it. You are leasing it from them so it is their property.

If I have to purchase a new remote via eBay would it make more sense to purchase a green or blue remote? I know you can setup two blue remotes to work with Tuner 1 and Tuner 2. If I throw away the defective green remote, purchase a new blue remote, and configure it for Tuner 1, here is my question: Will the new blue remote for Tuner 1 control the receiver via RF only or will it use a IR/RF combo like the Dish 510 did? What I am getting at is the IR green remote changes channels much faster than the RF blue remote. Will the RF blue remote change channels on Tuner 1 via RF, IR, or both? Thanks.

Since you are likely leasing the 625 the remote is covered free of charge. There may be a 14.95 s/h charge, but you can often get that waived or do an add/remove of dhpp to get around shipping charges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts