dish 64 switch

Kountzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Houston, Texas
Hello,
I have reg. dish programming on a twin 500 lnbf, and I also receive programming from dominion skyangel on a 61.5 sat. dish. I am thinking of hooking both dishes up with a 64 multi dish switch, with a power invertor. Exactly what is a power inverter? Would I have to run an AC line to it? Is it DC pwr? How does all that work?

Darryl aka Kountzer, in Houston, TX

The sw-64 will come with a power inserter and a transformer to power the switch. The power inserter looks like a fat splitter with one in and one out that goes inline on the coax going to the reciever, the transformer powers the inserter wich powers the switch. You will have have to make sure to read the instructions that come with the switch to hook up the dishes correctly. You wont be able to use the twin that you have though so you will need to have dual lnbfs x2 on the dish 500 and one dual on the 61.5 dish to tie in directly.

You shouldn't need an inverter unless you have no access to ac power.

If you have only one or two receivers, SW 21 (or two) is your best bet. You can connect your legacy twin and legacy dual directly into switch with no power issues.

With more than two tuners, best bet might be DP34, and changing to DP lnbs.

If you already have the SW64 then change twin to duals. And follow SW64 instructions.

sw64 wont work without the power inserter and transformer, true that 1 or 2 sw-21's will work to do the job for one or two recievers, and with going to dishpro it most likely wont be cost effective to do that as he would have to have all dishpro lnbfs plus the switch and if its legacy receivers then the dp adapters.

Van makes good points - but with a DPP-Twin, it's not that bad, and a HECK of a lot less connectors (they ain't free). Of course, 2 box max, and one must be DishPro.

The SW-21 route is probably the best way to go for a 2 box max.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)