Dish 722 Homeplug/Ethernet

Thinking of getting this for my 722 and 222. Currently the 222 is hardwired from a trendnet router. But the 722 is phone line only. Thinking of replacing my trendnet with it, and using the homeplug for the 722 in the upstairs den.

205705296.jpg

Zyxel NBG-318S Wireless Powerline Router - NBG318S - Buy.com

It is less than $40.

:eureka
I think you just answered a question I asked in another thread a while back. I have my 722s power plugged into a surge protector/power strip. I paid a pretty good chunk of change for it. I wanted a good one to provide a good level of protection for my AV stuff. I use ethernet to HomePlug for my network connection. I see two IP addresses on my router for my 722. Is it possiable that one is for the built in homePlug on the 722, that maybe making a connection through the power strip, and one for the ethernet adapter connection?

Definitely. First you can check the DHCP log on your router. That should give you the MAC addresses. From the Dish Menus, you can view the MAC addresses for the Ethernet and the HomePlug/DishComm adapters.

If you want to cease this behavior, just use the software that came with your Power Line Adapters and change their passwords to something other than "HomePlug". "HomePlug" is the default pw for these adapters and the 722 is hardcoded to use just that one password (ie you can't change it on the 722).

If you change it on the Power Line Adapters, then the 722 won't be able to get an IP via its DishComm adapater.

PBS stations around the country

Upgrading to HD approximate cost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)