Dish 722: How to banish "908 popup"?

haertig

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Is there any way to get rid of that stupid popup telling you you're not in sat mode that showed up recently with some firmware update? I'd like to banish the thing permanently, but barring that possibility, at least dismiss it every time it jumps onscreen.

I'd consider this a bug, not a feature. If I'm trying to control my receiver or DVD player during a movie, you can't leave the remote in AUX or VCR mode because that stupid popup obliterates the movie. The only way to get it to go away that I can find is to give in and switch the remote back to SAT mode. But I don't want to do that. I have zero need to control the satellite receiver while watching a DVD, so why can't I leave the remove in VCR or AUX mode without the 722 pestering me constantly? What was Dish thinking?

I don't like it either, but you can make it so it never shows up by just pressing the mode button that you want (ie vcr) while not pointing at the receiver (cover the end of the remote with your hand or whatever).

Ahhh! Great idea. Silly that we have to go through this, but an ingenious and simple solution on your part none-the-less. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)