My unofficial review of 622 L446

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
First off I'm no technical writer, I just call it as I see it.

I picked up L446 and I must say the feature for the pop up when you push the TV button on your remote is nice for some as a reminder that they are now controlling their tv with the dish remote, as a technician point of view that is great to help reduce trouble calls and lower the amount of call volume to the CSR's, but bottomline it needs a option in the menu to disable it, not all of us need the reminder that were in TV mode on thte remote.

No customer support options are yet available within dish home interactice channel 100, still landline only.

As far as Dishonline goes with the IPTV, frankly it sucks, I'm not paying $2.99 for movies that are 20 years old. Dish really needs to give out freebies. It's just as stupid as dish on demand for $5 movies, only advantage is you have more choices.

Bottomline, ya'll aren't missing out on anything. DISH THIS SUCKS.

First off I'm no technical writer, I just call it as I see it.

I picked up L446 and I must say the feature for the pop up when you push the TV button on your remote is nice for some as a reminder that they are now controlling their tv with the dish remote, as a technician point of view that is great to help reduce trouble calls and lower the amount of call volume to the CSR's, but bottomline it needs a option in the menu to disable it, not all of us need the reminder that were in TV mode on thte remote.

No customer support options are yet available within dish home interactice channel 100, still landline only.

As far as Dishonline goes with the IPTV, frankly it sucks, I'm not paying $2.99 for movies that are 20 years old. Dish really needs to give out freebies. It's just as stupid as dish on demand for $5 movies, only advantage is you have more choices.

Bottomline, ya'll aren't missing out on anything. DISH THIS SUCKS.

I dont understand. Are you trying to say it sucks?

VIP 622 - Video Internet Protocol is what VIP stands for, more like Very Idiotic Person in charge of Dishonline.

I anticipiate they will make a couple of bucks initially because someone will want to order some movie that aint seen in ages, but after the 1 day new car feeling runs out they aint making squat from the fine citizens of Georgia and Colorado.

IT SUCKS! Dish best not stand there too long and let the grass grow under their feet, time to be more creative and move.

Put DishONLINE in the same room with a DirecTV HR20 vid DirecTV's new VOD service, and I agree Dish will get laughed out of the room.

DirecTV VOD is what IPTV and VOD is supposed to be, and 90% of it is FREE.

When AT&T takes over the company perhaps they can rename it to The Dish Network Five and Dime. Since every feature they have seems to cost you MONEY!

Pathetic, and quite frankly, it's insulting to me as a Dish customer. Directv is blowing by Dish in HD, and now in IPTV. The fact that they are making us pay for these movies while Directv does it for free is just ANOTHER incentive to switch sides.

Pathetic, and quite frankly, it's insulting to me as a Dish customer. Directv is blowing by Dish in HD, and now in IPTV. The fact that they are making us pay for these movies while Directv does it for free is just ANOTHER incentive to switch sides.

I will be willing to bet that D* will start charging for the 'newer' movies that they make available via DoV, just like cable does.

I will be willing to bet that D* will start charging for the 'newer' movies that they make available via DoV, just like cable does.

Oh, I understand that, and with new/newer movies they should. I'm talking about movies like Child's Play that have been around since I was a little kid that they're trying to make money off of. There should be a nice library of free movies, just like Directv. This is a VERY critical time for Dish right now. The summer is over, winter is coming, people are going to be indoors more watching tv and noticing that Directv is blowing past Dish. Dish is going to lose a lot of subs if they don't TRY to hang with Directv.

I 'm even thinking of switching right now and I am coming up on my 11th year with DISH in January. I love my 622/722 receivers but I want more hd. I also want the free video on demand stuff .

I think that DISH has turned very greedy with first the extra miscellaneous fees that they thought up and now the vod for $. Why can't a DISH sub get anything for free like Directv and Cable does? Add all that to the fact that I could spend about the same thing as with Dish using the similar programming and Directv's hd plus dvr pack + the 4 premium movie channels, doesn't hurt either.

IF I don't see more hd by next month, and I mean channels that I want like Sci-fi hd , Usa hd, Fx hd etc , I am going to switch all programming to Directv. I might keep my one 722 with external hard drive activated and just sub to Houston locals and then I would still have my ota option + hd locals ,or 3 recordings at a time, for my networks shows. That way I could always come back if Dish steps up to the bar here for more hd. Counting rsns, and pay per view channels as part of the total hd channels , is stupid and doesn't really count with most subs out there who are comparing hd channels counts.

Come on DISH ! Lets get some real hd channels that people want up and running by next month. Your lack of comments on what your plans are and your lack of an hd response to DIrectv is causing a lot of churn here. THrow us a bone here .

Wow.. I saw the DishOnline demo at CES over TEN MONTHS ago, and I can't believe in all that time they didn't improve the product. To top it all off they are charging $$$ for things that are free on other provider's service.

Not many things going right in Echostar world these days...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts