Dish 722 remote fast forwards

senthil

Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
I have a dish 722 dvr. Suddenly my remote when I am fast-forwarding it does only by x4 or skips lot of frames. Basically I cannot fast forward the DVR content.

When I asked Dish about this, they said lot of their customers are having this
issue and there is no resolution as of now.

And of course they arrogantly said they will not stop charging the 5$. Without
the fast-forwarding the DVR is pretty useless in many ways.

Is this issue wide-spread ?

I have a dish 722 dvr. Suddenly my remote when I am fast-forwarding it does only by x4 or skips lot of frames. Basically I cannot fast forward the DVR content.

When I asked Dish about this, they said lot of their customers are having this
issue and there is no resolution as of now.

And of course they arrogantly said they will not stop charging the 5$. Without
the fast-forwarding the DVR is pretty useless in many ways.

Is this issue wide-spread ?

I had that problem for the last three weeks up until a couple of days ago. Now my 722 is working fine in the 4x mode. During that time I called dish and was able to get a rep to activate my USB port at no charge due to the problems with 722. I'm surprised you're still having the problem as mine went away about three days ago.

I have found in the past that if you are nice to the reps they will treat you accordingly most of the time. I also worked in customer service for 15 years and know how to talk to people in that area. Did you try escalating the call up to level 2 tech support?

The reps only know what they are told and what they can see in their computers. There has to be a fix as my unit is working perfectly now. Unplug your unit for 30 minutes so it forgets. Then, plug-in and press the reset button. See if it improves after that. Then, if it still isn't working right called dish back and ask for a level 2 tech person. I'm no expert, but it is true that resetting the receiver does resolve many problems. Hope this helps.:)

Use the 30 second skip ahead button instead.

Anyway, the last s/w update, 511, caused this problem. 512 is rolling out now and is presumed to correct it.

If you press your menu button twice, you'll be able to read the s/w version, kinda embedded in there. Updates generally happen overnight, without notice to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts