Dish 722k TV 2 UHF Remote Trouble

Dish416

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Detroit
TV 2's UHF remote worked just fine for years but now the receiver won't respond to the remote unless I am about 6 feet away from it. I tried swapping the TV 2 antenna with a spare I have but still have the same problem. I even tried putting an RG6 cable on the TV 2 antenna jack, then connect the actual antenna to it to give it a longer range - still didn't solve the problem. I used to have great range away from the receiver for TV 2.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Tempted to swap the TV 2 antenna jack from my old 722k into my newer 722k to see if this solves the problem... but would love to hear some possible solutions first.

Thanks

change the frequency - open up the menu with the TV2 remove in hand. Navigate to the System Info and hold down Sat button till it starts blinking - then change the freq from what it is now if its say 6 then hit say 9 then # then the record button three times to set the 9 freq to the receiver. Close out and try see if that is better...if not go up to say 15.

If this still doesn't work it may be something causing interference maybe a light or a TV.. try turning off electrical items near the TV2 location.

TV2 extension

Attachments

• 1403959897546.jpg
    1403959897546.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 156
TV 2's UHF remote worked just fine for years but now the receiver won't respond to the remote unless I am about 6 feet away from it. I tried swapping the TV 2 antenna with a spare I have but still have the same problem. I even tried putting an RG6 cable on the TV 2 antenna jack, then connect the actual antenna to it to give it a longer range - still didn't solve the problem. I used to have great range away from the receiver for TV 2.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Tempted to swap the TV 2 antenna jack from my old 722k into my newer 722k to see if this solves the problem... but would love to hear some possible solutions first.

Thanks

Did anything change in that room at all? Di you get a new TV or change the lights in the room? If you didn't change anything then I would think it's a bad remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)