Dish 77 Satellite

carlopatrick

Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
New Jersey
Hello All. I have a Dish VIP211 receiver and as crazy as this sounds, I would like to use it for one particular channel. (ch 600 - Rai Italia). Here is where I may have a problem. Can I use my Legacy dish 300 pointed at 77West or do I have to purchase a new dish with LNB? I know that 77west broadcasts in MPEG4 so I am not sure if the dish300/LNB will pick up the signal. Has anyone had any similar experiences? I would appreciate any comments/suggestions.

Carl

Yes you could point it to 77W but there is an issue
77 is the only satellite that doesn't have the guide on it. The other sats (61.5,72,110,119,118,121,129) have the 44hr EPG. 77 is the only one that doesn't

so I dont know if it will work. I guess what you can do is aim the dish at 77 and see if it works :)

Then again isn't there a RAI channel on 119w to begin with? Why 77w then?? hmmm

Well since he has a MPEG4 receiver why not get MPEG4?

Also I thought there was some goofy rule that the 119 RAI was for Hawaii & Alaska only...also its on 118.7 too

Dish site is useless....it use to say which satellite and channel it was on...not anymore :(

I would love to aim my dish at 118 or 119. It would make my job a lot easier. Unfortunately, I live in a condo association that says "NO DISHES OUTSIDE!!!" so I must install the dish on the inside (through bedroom window) to catch 77 West. That really sucks that 77 West doesn't provide EPG. Are you sure about this? It seems like 77 West is the most sophisicated satellite Dish Network currently has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)