Dish 811, a Z1 and my RPTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alamat

Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I've had the Dish receiver for a few weeks now and mostly using it on the Z1. Everything's fine and dandy downstairs but I recently tried to connect it to the upstairs HD RPTV( Toshiba 65HX81) and it doesn't output 1080i. I did try it when I got it the first few days and everything was OK. I then rush it downstairs again to the pj and it works fine. I've done all the necessary troubleshooting from same cables used, to acessing menus on the 811, etc. Now my question is, does anyone know of an existing issue on these HD receivers about them working on one display and not on another?

Is your 811 set to 720P for the Z1? Have you set the output of the 811 to 1080I and you have it tied to the Toshiba with component or DVI cables? Have you set your Toshiba input to the same place you have your 811 tied in? Now, I've been looking up the specs on your Toshiba and they are a bit hard to understand, they are very vague. I see that you hve two component inputs HD1 and HD5. Something else that I saw said that the 65HX51 is 720P capable. Perhaps the Toshiba is a native 720P. Try to set your 811 output to 720P and tie it to HD5 and see what happens. It just might be that the Toshiba is not 1080I capable. My Mitsubishi is opposite, 1080I capable but 720P. Let us know.

Thanks for the reply Bobby.
The Toshiba is only capable of 1080i and not 720p with only component and no DVI. As I said before, I have tested the 811 on it a few weeks ago and everything was great, i.e., HD looked spectacular and I even had a few locals coming in. Now, I try it on there and it doesn't output HD anymore unlike before. I was using the same cables for it, the menus the same as before, etc. Then thinking it might be the 811 acting up, I again hook it up to my pj and all is good. I'm trying to find out if there is something that I missed...

Alamat said:
Thanks for the reply Bobby.
The Toshiba is only capable of 1080i and not 720p with only component and no DVI. As I said before, I have tested the 811 on it a few weeks ago and everything was great, i.e., HD looked spectacular and I even had a few locals coming in. Now, I try it on there and it doesn't output HD anymore unlike before. I was using the same cables for it, the menus the same as before, etc. Then thinking it might be the 811 acting up, I again hook it up to my pj and all is good. I'm trying to find out if there is something that I missed...

If you are doing the same thing as before and it worked, using all the same material that you tried with PJ (and that includes the same cabling) I'd say that your Toshiba may have a problem.

But the Toshiba outputs the 1080i upconverted picture very well with my Norcent player...which I would assume is a point to consider....

FWIW (I know this doesnt help you much), but I have had no problems switching the 811 between HS20 pj and a Samsung HLN4365 (rptv) ... Samsung set is native 720p and switched to that without a hitch (though the input is 480/720/1080 which must have made that part easier)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)