Dish 811 - P284 Update

pfef98 said:
I have 282 and I can't seem to get mine to download 284.

I've tried holding down the power button to recylce it and turning it off for a half hour via the remote.

Do I need to unplug it for a while or something?

--Matt

All 2.82 receivers may not be, in fact probably aren't, included in phase 1 of this release. 2.84 isn't scheduled to go into wide release until Jan. 4. Just power off your receiver every night and be patient, you'll get it eventually.

NightRyder

284 include some small OTA adjustment perhaps? May have just been a coincidence, but the local NBC is channel 36, and that is where Dish mapped it, yet the OTA always came thru as channel 6 until tonight. Got home and it was actually on 36-01 for the first time.

mebgardener said:
284 downloaded last night. The problem with surfing on OTA digital channels is resolved....aaah. Good job Dish Network.

I NEED this fix! My P281 box needs to feel the love :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dang, thats a NEW RECORD! :bday @party
Shucks, I guess I didn't have my fingers crossed long enough.
Today, one day after the download, I no longer have ANY info in the guide.
It is totally dead. All I get now in the guide is 'no info'. Can't scroll up or down, east or west, in or out, nothing.

Is this a new bug with 284 or just my 811? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I haven't had the problem on my P284, but i will let you know.

The only way I loose info is if I youse the skip forward button in the guide and keep going the guide doesnt stop and it triggers a guide update. If I cancel that then I will loose the info.

I got offered 284 yesterday and decided not to take it because of the problems 282 caused. I wanted to wait and see if others were going to have problems. today I turned the receiver on and did NOT get offered the upgrade. I guess if you don't take it when it gets offered then you get put at the back of the line and you get to wait. Oh well, I will not take the upgrades from now on until they have been out for a while. I will not let 282 happen again.

Mike

Mike,

If you are on 2.82 right now you should download 2.84. It's a good fix. You don't go to the end of the line. Just turn the 811 off with your remote for an hour or so. It's a very big download. Be sure to permit the download first.

Mike,
Sometimes the receiver remember that you said no to the update and will not ask again. When it happened to me and I was ready for the update I changed the setting back to without permission and when the receiver was turned off it did upgrade. (I don't remember what model receiver did this to me). From my experiance on the one 811 that has 2.84 I really want it on my others, I thinks ypou should be happy with it if you decide to try it.

Had P2.82 and got P2.84 sometime yesterday. No BSOD yet. No EPG problems. I did have to reboot it this evening after turning it on because the PQ was distorted w/ a sort of vertical line slice markings. This has happened before, though not often, and a reboot fixes it.

I'll keep surfing those OTA channels to see if the BSOD reappears. That was my one major remaining problem with my 811.

Bobby
Yeah, I turned the 811 off with the remote last night and when I turned it on this evening it did not ask again.

n0qcu
that sounds like a good thing to try. I'll set the accept update automatically and when it cycles back around maybe it will take it. Then I can set it back to ask first.

Thanks
Mike

I got my 2.84 (from 2.83) last night, have been surfing OTA and Sat almost all day long, so far no BSOD, no EPG problem yet, truly a major improvement from 2.83.

I'm confused as to how the downloads for new software occurs, and when. I am at p281, 811 set to allow automatic updates. Is that all I need to do to get latest 284 update?

b657319 said:
I'm confused as to how the downloads for new software occurs, and when. I am at p281, 811 set to allow automatic updates. Is that all I need to do to get latest 284 update?

That and patience. ;) Just make sure you power your 811 off via remote every night and it will eventually upgrade.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)