Dish 921 Receiver and 119 Satellite Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JNEUBY

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Good Morning to all. I'm new to the web site and first would like to introduce myself and say hi. I live in Maryland. I researched the threads and cannot find the answer to my problem so I am going to take a chance and post it. A few weeks back I became aware my 921 receiver lost lock on sat 119 I did the normal reset procedures, check switch procedures, reset procedures, etc. I went to my other 921 receiver and the same exact problem, lost lock on 119 I went thru the same senerio with that 921 and have the problem on both. I checked my 622 and 501's and they work fine. I called my sattellite shop and he said he suspects the problem came with the last software update because 2 of his other customers are experiencing the same problem. He and I called Dish Network and the normal response "No None Problems" My satellite company came out, checked the dual 34 switches and the dish, switched the cables and called into Dish Network, ordered two replacement 921's I installed them and the same exact problem on both replacements. I called Dish Network again and the same response. They say the problem is local and want me to take another 1/2 day off work so they can send one of their "Experienced Techs" out to see what the problem is. At the time of my second call to Dish, I took my 501 and disconnected one of the 921 feeds and hooked it up to prove it was not a cable issue. The 501 worked fine. I reconnected the cable to the 921 and back to lost lock on the unit. My satellite guy says my only option is to see if he can get Dish to replace the 921's with 622's and since I am maxed on leased units which means I may have to trade in my 501's and lose the use of the 921's or buy two 622's I hate to give up my 921's as mentioned in another thread, I paid a grand a piece for these. The 921's are staying locked on transponder 14 on sat 119 The other sats and transponders are ok. All my other units are ok. The question is, Is their anyone else having this problem or is it as Dish Network number 1 in customer support put it "A localized problem" Or am I the only person who still is using 921's?
I apologize for the long description. I am frustrated with Dish and their No. 1 customer satisfaction help that thinks I am stupid and do not know anything about satellite TV.
I also have Direct TV I'm worried about all the satellites hanging from my house but thats for a different day. Any help from anyone? No getting any from Dish Network and their friendly customer service.

Would you consider swapping your 921s for 942s? My understanding is that if you reach the right people (i.e. threaten to cancel) then they will consider doing an equal swap--942 for 921. They are doing this because they have plenty of refurbished 942s to give (as others upgrade to the 622) and because the 942 is a more reliable platform that will cost them less to support in the long term.

Jneuby

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of town and my lap top would not work. I did fid out the 921's are no longer supported and Dish is finally fessing up to the software changes in July caused the problem. My satellite company tried to get Dish to swap out the 921's for an upgrade to 622's and they came back and said no. He even tried for swapping out the 501's but they said no. The only option I have is to buy new receivers and upgrade 1 501 to a 622 since I already have 1 622 on lease. With leads to the second frustration that Dish only allows 2 622's on lease. So I now get to lose 3 receivers to upgrade 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)