Dish 921 with OTA Antenna

carter23

Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Here's an interesting question hopefully someone can answer! I have a dish 921 receiver with a R/S 2152 antenna and a channel master amp for the OTA channels. For the first year I received all my locals both uhf and vhf using this combo. Recently, last week after I had to reset my 921, I lost my one vhf channel (ABC) but all other channels come in fine? After experimenting with adjusting the antenna, etc, I discovered: when the antenna is connected as should be - all uhf come in great, but no vhf. When I disconnect the transformer from the antenna leading to the amp which leads to the receiver I loose all uhf (as I should) but I then see all my vhf! I'm assuming that is because the amp is attached to the mast that the antenna is installed on. But when I reattach the transformer to the antenna, I loose all vhf and regain all uhf??? I have combated this problem by installing another antenna (R/S 1634) and combining both signals to the receiver. I now have all my locals both uhf and vhf, BUT is this normal?

Could it be a problem with me receiver or the antenna(s)? I really don't want to have two antennas when only one is needed. I'm 19 miles from the towers and all signal strength(s) are 100 - 120. But I can't understand why I need two uhf/vhf antennas to pick up the channels??

Thanks for any advice!

What model Channel Master preamp do you have? Some CM amps can be setup to have separate inputs for UHF and VHF or UHF/VHF combined on a single input. It can be changed via a slide switch on the preamp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts