Dish 922 DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stugots48

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
I must admit when I saw the 922 at CES 2009 I was pretty excited about owning one. I went to CES 2010 and checked out the "new" 922 DVR again and sadly they did away with everything good and new. Now it is just a 722 with a bigger hard drive and sling technology. Save your money and buy an external USB drive and a slingbox for your 722. They also did away with the cool remote and the ability for it to connect to the internet. Don't get me wrong, I still think Dish has the best receivers but the excitement over the 922 is sadly gone.

As someone who has a 922, I am thankfull that they got rid of the remote and went with a standard one.

The web browser will be coming back they are giving it an overhaul which is good, it needed it.

This box now is an amazing receiver and keeps getting better. :)

Someone else thought a Wii type controller might have been better that the touchpad they tried. I can see that as an improvement as long as it would still be compatable with universal remotes.

Still waiting for EHD support, have you heard anything Scott?

Lakebum- You can't be sure about anything you see at a retailer when the system is in beta. Here today, gone tomorrow, back with a different look the next day!

I agree with those who think the 922 has lost its spark with all the cool features gone. At CES they were saying that the web browser will not be present for the release but added later, they claim. MY thoughts are a web browser is useless unless thay can support all of what the web offers, like flash, java, and different media players. In addition, they need to have a full keyboard and mouse pad. I don't see the need for the touch pad on a remote but on the keyboard makes sense. Replacing the numerical keys with a touch pad and on screen keayboard is too slow.

Personally, I've switched priorities and look for a 722K with OTA module, ext hard drive and a USB sling box 701 when that is released. I'll continue to use the PS3 for web browsing in the home theater, although having the pip for web browser on the dvr would have been nice.

Lakebum- You can't be sure about anything you see at a retailer when the system is in beta. Here today, gone tomorrow, back with a different look the next day!

I agree with those who think the 922 has lost its spark with all the cool features gone. At CES they were saying that the web browser will not be present for the release but added later, they claim. MY thoughts are a web browser is useless unless thay can support all of what the web offers, like flash, java, and different media players. In addition, they need to have a full keyboard and mouse pad. I don't see the need for the touch pad on a remote but on the keyboard makes sense. Replacing the numerical keys with a touch pad and on screen keayboard is too slow.

Personally, I've switched priorities and look for a 722K with OTA module, ext hard drive and a USB sling box 701 when that is released. I'll continue to use the PS3 for web browsing in the home theater, although having the pip for web browser on the dvr would have been nice.

I think all the retailers that have one are in the beta as there is no production software out there since it has not been released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)