Dish 922 or 722K

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
My Dish 722K has been acting up lately and it may be time to replace it. I don't want the extra expense of the Hopper so I am looking at the 922. Could someone please tell me what the advantage of the fro mthe 722K is? I do have the Sling adapter on the 722K eventhough I am not very impressed with the functunality of how is plays back programing on it.

If you don't want the expense of the Hopper you may not want the 922. The 922 is more expensive than the 722k. $6 DVR fee vs. $10 DVR fee. I suppose the Hopper would still be a little more since you'd have to pay $7 for the Joey but you'd have HD on both TVs, if the second TV is HD of course.

The rep I chatted with at Dish's website said that the monthly fee would be the same with 922 and 722. Is the 922 more buggy?

Yes. You would probably be better off with a 722/722k. If you need a second hdtv, add a 211/211k. That, or go with the hopper/joey setup. the 922 has become the WindowsMe of dish equipment.

dvr.jpg

I've had my 922 going on nine months now,not a single problem. I also manage my recordings on line and use sling alot when i work the graveyard shift,flawless performance on all counts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts