Dish 942 L225 Update

samy60

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Atlanta GA
L225 out today?

The Dish Network software guide shows L225 software for the 942 is being released today!!

edit: here are the release notes from markdl

Here they are, from Dish to the DBSTalk community, release notes for new software version L225 for the DVR-942. Not nearly as much this time around...

The software release contains the duplicate channel fix (introduced with Voom channels) when 61.5W and 148W satellite locations are in the same installation. The software now removes whichever duplicate channel it acquires last so it does not appear in the View/Browse modes, EPG, Themes/Search, etc. With DP942 L224 software, the receiver would not allow channel changing past duplicate channels and repeated the channel multiple times in the EPG as the focus was changed. These problems are also now fixed.

I have only had the 942 for less than a week and it was working perfectly with L2.24. I didn't notice the software version, however last night I noticed my local digitals no longer had PG data (the 811s did), the receiver locked up (1st time) when accessing some Dish Home feature (not sure what it was called), and the receiver told me the PG data needed to be updated after reboot. Hmmm.

I noticed one positive change. When scheduling two consecutive programs on the same channel, the 942 used to record them on two different tuners due to defaulting to "end 3 minutes late" on the first program and "start 1 minute early" on the second. With the new version, it looks like the 942 is smart enough to eliminate the overlap and record both programs on the same tuner.

riffjim4069 said:
Question for a newbie, what is the Dish Network software guide and where is it located? Thanks in advance!

Someone with 1600 posts is not a newbie. Blaming a lack of information on being a newbie after that many posts is just covering for something else. :haha

chaddux said:
Someone with 1600 posts is not a newbie. Blaming a lack of information on being a newbie after that many posts is just covering for something else. :haha

I wondered that too, but with 2 clicks I noted that he was a former Voomer that had just got a 942 and 811 install this week. So.... technically he is an E* newb.

Welcome to our nightmare riffjim4069! :D

Help!, L225 might have caused my 942 to hang!

It is stuck at acquring 61.5/transponder 7 now!!! But
actually there is no 61.5/transponder 7 at the "Point Dish" menu! Dish's tech support can't help and told me that someone will call me back in 24-48 hours. Rebooting it
does not make it choose another sat/trans either. Any tricks for me to try? Or, how can I reverse it back to L224 although I am not sure whether it is really L225's fault.
Help!!! It is Sunday and I don't have HDTV! :-(

My 942 is stuck too.

When I turned the 942 on this morning i noticed that the time/epg was messed up. At 11:45 it was showing 6:xx. I did a front panel re-boot and I got the acquiring signal 015 screen. After waiting a few minutes I called the CSR. We went through everything he could think of including numerous reboots, unplugs, etc. He filed a report and someone from the HD Tech group is supposed to call within 24 hrs.

Does anyone know of a way restore to L224? The CSR just said I was at the right version and the updates happened automatically.

Oh well, at least I have 20 hrs of HD I can still watch from the DVR.

How to get out of 61.5/Transponder 7 loop

I just power-cycled the "power inserter" to my DP44 switch, and that got it out of the 61.5 and went back to 119! Now, it is all fine. Called Dish's tech again, told them what I did, and surprisingly to hear the guy said that they knew what to do, just the lady who answered me earlier missed the step! :-(
Simple Simon: sorry for the duplicate post, I was desperate and thought more people might read my post.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)