Dish 942 L225 Update

Fixed!

Okay, here's what I did to get it working:

While Acquiring signal, I disconnect Sat 2 connection. It immediately switched transponders, then switched from 61.5 to 119 and then went through all 5 steps.

Good luck.

I posted this in another thread, but this is an ongoing annoyance that may be related to recent software updates:

Quick Question: I've had my 942 (and E* service for that matter) a little more than a week and the PG data for my digital locals (i.e. 4.1, 7.1, 9.1, etc.) keeps appearing/disappearing; it is there one day and gone the next. This is really annoying since it is screwing up my timers. I have been running L2.24 and now L2.25...and I subscribe to my locals (DC area). Anyone else having this problem? If so, how do I correct this annoyance?

I guess ignorance is bliss. I did not know about this update until now and just checked to see whether I have it or not. I do and mine receiver never had any lock ups. Wish to know what's new on this one...

I have a new problem on the 942 which just recently started which I'm suspecting is caused by the new duplicate channel 'fix'.

If I have a 2 hr program recording from 6-8 on TV1 (Sat). "Program A"
I have another 1/2 hr program recording from 6:30 - 7:00 on OTA. "Program B"

What I end up with:

1) Program A - 30 Minutes
2) Program A - 1 Hr 30 Minutes.

What it really recorded:

1) is Program A recorded fine for the first 30 minutes
2) is from the OTA channel for 1hr, 30 min, mislabled as Program A, and missing the last 1 hr 30 min from Program A.

It seems that the 942 is incorrectly stopping the recording on TV1 when it starts to record on the OTA.

Anyone else have this issue just recently start?

Kesslerm...I saw the same thing for the first time last night. Recorded a half of Program A and then recorded the balance as a separate recording. wierd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)