147.1 KB · Views: 365
  • L280-5.JPG
    L280-5.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 367
  • L280-6.JPG
    L280-6.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 362
Ilya said:
The analog tuner in my 942 now works! I just scanned in all analog channels!
(Not that I missed them much ;))
Does this mean I can hook up my (basic) analog cable feed to the ant in and have EPG data? Dare I ask, will I be able to use PVR functions with those analog channels?

GordonF said:
Also, once when I pressed the PIP button while in browse mode, the adio for the PIP channel came on and stayed on even after I closed the PIP window.

Yup. Finding the same problem. I can't believe this. I recently dumped my 921 and spend a lot of money to get the 942 in hopes that these amateurish programming errors wouldn't occur with the 942. I guess I was wrong. How can the programmers make such silly mistakes. It takes us less than a day to find their programming errors, so it can't be that hard for the programmers to check some basics before they release software and avoid these embarrassing mistakes. Maybe they rushed this software in order to make it to an Eldon engineer party on time. Is this some incompetence conspiracy between the two sets of engineers?

I was able to hook up my USB flash drive to browse and transfer pictures. However, the 942 reported that its did not recognize my Canon 20d.

Ilya said:
Here are some pictures of new Multimedia features in L280:
Cool looking schnauzer! The 942 picked up the JPGs on my Sony Camcorder memory stick. Neat, but it was easier to slide the memory stick into my Sony KDF and watch both JPGs and MPEGs. I scanned analog locals, but I didn't bother to save them. Nice having more features, but I don't myself using these two.

What's up with no new Dish Home? You would of figured the high end receiver should of received it first..

BigFella said:
Does this mean I can hook up my (basic) analog cable feed to the ant in and have EPG data? Dare I ask, will I be able to use PVR functions with those analog channels?
No DVR for analog channels, however, I do get PG for some of the analog channels (for those that have digital equivalent). ;)

StevenD said:
I was able to hook up my USB flash drive to browse and transfer pictures. However, the 942 reported that its did not recognize my Canon 20d.
My flash drive is USB 1.1. Perhaps that's why it's not recognized...

riffjim4069 said:
Neat, but it was easier to slide the memory stick into my Sony KDF and watch both JPGs and MPEGs.
Yes, it is easier to use the Memory Stick with my TV set too, but this is different. I think I might be able to put ALL my photo albums into the 942 (much more than can fit on a single memory stick) and have them ready for viewing at any time with just a few clicks on the remote. I think this is a great feature!

Besides, I still haven't figured out how to put images from my computer to the memory stick, so that Sony would be able to display them. Simple copying doesn't do it. Does anyone know how to do that? Is there some special program that I should use?

This works out nice for me because even though my Mitsubishi WS-55613 has many camera media slots, it doesn't have a slot for the xD card that my Olympus uses. I just wish the pictures filled more of the screen.

Also, my OTA signals are still NR/AO (even the analogs) so I have to enter the receiver unlock code every time I channel up/down or otherwise select an OTA channel. Cool note: you can assign FOX, UPN, and WB as the affiliate for analogs, but you can't enter a channel name for the analog station.

Mine was updated and memory sticks are working fine. The audio on both tuner is now DD5.1 as one changes from PIP window or just swap. Two good features that I needed.

It must use internal memory in the receiver because I tried loading a USB memory stick but it would only take 66 of the 72 photos I had on the stick. Came up with a message that said not enough memory for all photo's. I thought it would record to the hard drive.

No problems over here. I put it through the grinder last night (changing options, etc.) and it powered right up this morning. I have had to cold boot this receiver only once in almost five months of operation...not bad.

GordonF said:
Is anyone else having audio problems? When I use the PIP SWAP button I sometimes lose audio. When I then channel up or down, some channels will have sound and others will not. The audio will return by pressing the swap button two times.

Also, once when I pressed the PIP button while in browse mode, the adio for the PIP channel came on and stayed on even after I closed the PIP window.

On the bright side, both tuners now seem to have dolby digital sound.
My audio is acting screwy also, audio is lost when fast-rewind back aways
and sometimes the audio doesn't change to the other tuner when you swap.
Second tuner now has DD but looses audio when you try to backup to play
previous buffered video.
I'd rather have back the way it was, at least then the correct audio was on the correct video. :no :(

zmwp01 said:
My audio is acting screwy also, audio is lost when fast-rewind back aways
and sometimes the audio doesn't change to the other tuner when you swap.
Second tuner now has DD but looses audio when you try to backup to play
previous buffered video.

Same nuisance here, too. Happened more yesterday. Hasn't happened today, yet. Yesterday, just turning the box off, then on again resolved the issue, albeit temporarily. A reboot was not necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)