Dish 942 question.

mothergoose45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I now have a 508 and a 510. I get charged $5 additional reciever fee and 1 dvr fee(the 508 is not charged). I want to get a 942. Can i pay $250 up front and then I get charged $5 a month for the lease? Do i get charged an additional $5 a month for the DVR on the 942, coming out to $10, or is it just a flat $5. Is the 942 lease worth it? Sorry if this is confusing.

As an existing customer you are not currently able to lease a DVR942. You can buy one and add it to your account. You probably will require some additional installation as well. You can also still get a DVR921 which will actually cost you less.

JohnDoe#2 said:
As an existing customer you are not currently able to lease a DVR942. You can buy one and add it to your account. You probably will require some additional installation as well. You can also still get a DVR921 which will actually cost you less.

Cost less??? I had in mind to purchase a 921, but after reading http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=64990 are you kidding me?? I wouldn't even have the stones to bother with the 942. I keep it vanilla and stick to the 6000. Consider yourselves warned...

ToUgHsPot said:
Cost less??? I had in mind to purchase a 921, but after reading http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=64990 are you kidding me?? I wouldn't even have the stones to bother with the 942. I keep it vanilla and stick to the 6000. Consider yourselves warned...
Thanks for sharing, ToUgHsPot.

I've put in around 50 DVR921s for my customers. Around half of them paid $999 for 'em + installation & were delighted to do it.

A total of 1 customer eventually had to exchange his when one of the tuners died. The rest are perfectly happy and have had few problems, most of which have been resolved with SW updates.

I suggest you take the complaints of the bitchers & moaners in the forums with a few grains of salt. They are in the minority altho the fact that they all seem to be able to find the boards to post their tales of woe may lead you to think otherwise. And how many of them say they dealt with an experienced professional local retailer?

JohnDoe#2 said:
And how many of them say they dealt with an experienced professional local retailer?
I'm one of those - on both counts.

My early-version 921 has been stable on the hardware side, but the HORRIBLE software changes Eldon makes hurt real bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts