Dish-ABC (and other) Dispute(s)

True....but..... maybe as a result that's why generally Dish costs less. And the the worm is slowly turning. Not just Direct TV but some Cable companies also are more prone to let a channel remove itself instead of just paying now.

Dish is right on with this one. They should not be paying twice for the same content. Disney is trying to pull a fast one.

Does anybody know when the contract comes up for renewal? It's gonna be an interesting one, that's for sure.

I understand what you are saying.........but why is it Dish is always the one fighting the battle...........does Direct tv not have the same programming? yet they seldom have long lasting disputes............only with Dish
Didn't Directv just have an extended battle with Viacom?

You can't seem to spell Dispute without D-I-S(h). Dish vs. Disney, Dish vs. YES Network, Dish vs. MSG, Dish vs. Comcast/Philly, Dish vs. MLB still ongoing. And not to forget oldies but goodies like Dish vs. Voom, Dish vs. AMC, Dish vs. Fox, Dish vs. multitudes of local channels, Dish vs. Tivo, Dish vs. FCC, etc. And of course Dish Hopper vs. Big 4 Nets just getting started.

:popcorn

You can't seem to spell Dispute without D-I-S(h). Dish vs. Disney, Dish vs. YES Network, Dish vs. MSG, Dish vs. Comcast/Philly, Dish vs. MLB still ongoing. And not to forget oldies but goodies like Dish vs. Voom, Dish vs. AMC, Dish vs. Fox, Dish vs. multitudes of local channels, Dish vs. Tivo, Dish vs. FCC, etc. And of course Dish Hopper vs. Big 4 Nets just getting started.

:popcorn

And that's why I'm a DISH subscriber,because DISH tries to keep their prices lower,and for the channels I want,and what I want to pay,I believe they do a good job.:)

I understand what you are saying.........but why is it Dish is always the one fighting the battle...........does Direct tv not have the same programming? yet they seldom have long lasting disputes............only with Dish
DISH is the one that is willing to fight. DIRECTV for their part typically caves in. That's a good part of the reason why DIRECTV costs the average customer over $18 more per month than DISH.

DIRECTV seems more about maintaining the status quo at any cost and that's not good for anyone given that the status quo is skyrocketing prices.

MLB still ongoing.
MLB was never a dispute. DISH has carried MLB network since September 2011.

MLB Extra Innings is a whole other kettle of fish. DIRECTV attempted an exclusive similar to NFL Season Ticket and Senator John Kerry, among others, stepped in to thwart it.

DISH is the one that is willing to fight. DIRECTV for their part typically caves in. That's a good part of the reason why DIRECTV costs the average customer over $18 more per month than DISH.

DIRECTV seems more about maintaining the status quo at any cost and that's not good for anyone given that the status quo is skyrocketing prices.

i keep hearing this abot the average user cost difference and i cannot understand it
i am an average user, and my cost was the same when i switched

Cost can be nearly the same depending on the slant of the comparison.

I generally have it all.

With D* I have Premier, HD Extra, 3 receivers with D* comes to $155 approximately.

Doing the same with Dish, AEP, BB@Home, 2 Hoppers, Multi-Sport comes to $156 approximately.

The difference is a wash.

At other levels, it can vary from that wash of mine to about $15 from the numbers I've juggled around. Never could get to anything more than that except during 1st year promos.

In disputes, the biggest difference I've noticed over the years is that E* is willing to pull the trigger quicker that D* for the most part. But I think when all the dust settles, that both D* and E* customers benefit from that because it sets the rates that are negotiated. IOW, I doubt that D* would pay more than what E* was able to negotiate for.

Cost can be nearly the same depending on the slant of the comparison.

I generally have it all.

With D* I have Premier, HD Extra, 3 receivers with D* comes to $155 approximately.

Doing the same with Dish, AEP, BB@Home, 2 Hoppers, Multi-Sport comes to $156 approximately.

The difference is a wash.

At other levels, it can vary from that wash of mine to about $15 from the numbers I've juggled around. Never could get to anything more than that except during 1st year promos.

In disputes, the biggest difference I've noticed over the years is that E* is willing to pull the trigger quicker that D* for the most part. But I think when all the dust settles, that both D* and E* customers benefit from that because it sets the rates that are negotiated. IOW, I doubt that D* would pay more than what E* was able to negotiate for.

On the high end Dish and DIRECTV tend to run neck and neck for the same price.

On the low end, however Dish gets a lot of customers with AT120. Yes fewer channels than DIRECTV, but many want to give up channels for a lower price.

I think the average direct tv customers pay around $100 while the average Dish user us around $80. I remember reading that somewhere recently.

I've read that too. But that has more to do with the average user having different levels of subscription packages than it does with a straight cost comparison of the same package levels. So it is valid, just not caused by the price differences as much as it is by level of subscription.

On the high end Dish and DIRECTV tend to run neck and neck for the same price.

On the low end, however Dish gets a lot of customers with AT120. Yes fewer channels than DIRECTV, but many want to give up channels for a lower price.

Very true.

And I won't have it all with Dish either. In general I only got the multi-sports during the NFL season for the Red Zone channel. And since you can drop and add online with Dish, I tended (and will tend again), to juggle the premiums around depending on series that are running.

even in the middle with the at 200 or at250 the price is with 1 or 2 dollars
the big differnce came from fees
snce 1st is free thats the same
but adding a 2nd dvr such as a hr22/24 compared to a vip 622/722 pushes dish prices up above direct
of course this is changed with hopper system

so for a single tv single house with lowest packages dish is cheaper
but once you move to 2 or more tvs and get into the 120 and above its a wash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts