dish activating 301?

nissan4x4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
Will dish activate 301s anymore ? i am wanting to add some receivers to some extra bedrooms and have a couple of 301 ready to activate and if they dont activate anymore what would be the cheapest alternative non dvr i could get on lets say ebay?

thank you for your reply i was reading the other day on here the 311s were going to stop being activated as well if i was to buy some on ebay do you think dish would activate them ?

I agree with Bobby on this one, go with a 211.

The 211 has 3 models 211/211K & 211Z. The 211 and 211K have RF (ch3/4) outputs and ATSC tuner, the 211Z is a stripped down model the ATSC tuner is an option and the CH 3/4 output requires an external modulator.
And you can add a external hard drive

thanks for the reply's i will go with the 211z since it will probably run a bit cheaper on ebay dish is a good company but seems like there doing away with all the receivers im used to over the years the 301 311 522 the hard working receivers to make way for the wally i guess

It's being done to make all receivers 8PSK and MPEG-4 capable. To better use the bandwidth available. More channels in the same space without loss if quality.

Reactions: dare2be and KE4EST
I had a 40 inch rear projection, when I bought my 63 in flat screen Samsung. I set up the Samsung and turned on both tvs. The 40 in rear projection picture was so bad that I could not believe how clear the Samsung was even with a SD picture. Enjoy what you got, it is much better than yesterdays.

Reactions: nelson61

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)