Questioner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
NGC-HD
STARZ-HD
HGTV-HD
NFL-HD

Where is our hgtv-hd as promised directv? Its high time they gave us something national.

Questioner said:
NGC-HD
STARZ-HD
HGTV-HD
NFL-HD

Where is our hgtv-hd as promised directv? Its high time they gave us something national.

Where was that ever announced by D*, do you have a link? Thanks

The 4 new channels were uplinked to the E* satellites today or yesterday. They will be released to the public the first week of June.

Maybe in 2008? I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. I'm about to dump D* soon.

Questioner said:
NGC-HD
STARZ-HD
HGTV-HD
NFL-HD

I wish I could switch to E*, too bad I don't have the $600 or whatever to drop to get a their HD-DVR.

Directv will respond. It may take a month or so, but you watch, they will throw us a bone to keep us from leaving...probably HGTV-HD.

Well, it was not officially announced, but for the last few months, directv csrs have occassionally promised a few new channels like hgtv and food. I heard May for hgtv, doesn't seem like that's going to happen. I don't expect a slew of new channels until at least mid 2007.

Yep NESN HD. Had to watch the tainted Yankees version of Yes HD to watch my Yankees/Red Sox games the past 2 nights. Cant stand the propaganda on that channel. But HD is better since D* does provide some Yes games in HD. The mute button works too!

If we get another HD channel before 2007 I'm going to be really surprised. I'm thinking of getting out of my lease by telling them that I'm moving and don't have a site line. Screw them. Cable is beginning to look a LOT better.

I agree. I'm going to be taking a look at cable and E*. Then I'm going to contact D* to see what the damage would be for me to get out of my agreement. I'm not sure what the terms are, but I have to admit it's sucking to be with D* right now.

i think it's either you give the equipment back or pay 12.50 per month...all depends the terms when you signed up and what rebates you may have gotten

My directv contract is up in an week and I've decided to go back to comcast. The directv csr promised the HD DVR for MPEG 4 would be out in 8 weeks, and kept saying that they were the "industry leader in HD". Not sure what that meant, but she didn't have any info on new HD channels coming.

I'm getting Comcast's full channel lineup, Starz, HBO, and HD DVR, for $75. The deal is good for 12 months. Not bad.

newsposter said:
i think it's either you give the equipment back or pay 12.50 per month...all depends the terms when you signed up and what rebates you may have gotten

You can only give back your equipment to get out of the contract if you are a leasing customer. If you own your equipment then it is the 12.50 per month for all the remaining months of your contract.

JAG72 said:
You can only give back your equipment to get out of the contract if you are a leasing customer. If you own your equipment then it is the 12.50 per month for all the remaining months of your contract.

Not all of that is true. In my commitment it says, In lieu of payment, you have an option to send your D* system back. I got my hddvr back in Aug. of 05. So when I cancel Monday, (Going back to Cablevision) I will make sure thay send me a box. :)

I wonder if the demand for Dish to drop all distant networks will affect them adding the distant networks in HD?

bill94 said:
Not all of that is true. In my commitment it says, In lieu of payment, you have an option to send your D* system back. I got my hddvr back in Aug. of 05. So when I cancel Monday, (Going back to Cablevision) I will make sure thay send me a box. :)

I have tried this four times now and have been told the same thing each time. I have one receiver that I purchased last year and I have yet to get them to agree that I can send it back to them. They all stated that this is only in effect with the new leased systems.

jabroni said:
Directv will respond. It may take a month or so, but you watch, they will throw us a bone to keep us from leaving...probably HGTV-HD.
At the expense of the shakey PQ they have now on all of the other HDlite channels.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts