Dish adding 4 national hd channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
vurbano said:
At the expense of the shakey PQ they have now on all of the other HDlite channels.:rolleyes:

Yada yada yada. When are you going to come off of your soapbox? We all know that D* doesn't have the best pq on their hd channels. Hopefully they will when the two sats go up next year. When that happens, I can't wait to hear you say that D* has the best pq. Right. When pigs fly. After all, it is all about you, Vurbano, isn't it?

Yep, the grass is always greener at the neighbors house.

It must be great to keep switching services.

I mean after all I've had 5 cars in the last 3 years because the last one I really liked was a Chevy Blazer,

But jeez, Dodge has a hemi!!!! ;) Yeah but Ford has a new Cobra, :eek:

I'm getting the Ford, that one as 25 more HP. besides everyone knows GM stinks, they're losing customers everyday, they just aren't giving us what we want. :devil:

What are the DTV naysayers going to do with themselves when the SAT rollout is complete. Which will happen, AND most likley within the time frame they've been talking about all along.

I've been with DTV for 9 years, before that Primestar, before that TWC.

Cable sucked, and cost too much at the time.

Primestar offered more channels and a lower price, they delivered, DTV bought out Primestar, promises were made to us about improved service, more channels than ever before and they delivered.

Let's face it we're mostly a bunch of early adopters, Ask anyone around the watercooler if they have HD and they think it's an STD.

As early adopters, we have to patient, Satellites aren't shot from slingshots and turned on with a clapper.

I believe the wait will be worth it.

Now for the others... Say it with me....

HD LITE... HD LITE...

JAG72 said:
I have tried this four times now and have been told the same thing each time. I have one receiver that I purchased last year and I have yet to get them to agree that I can send it back to them. They all stated that this is only in effect with the new leased systems.

What I wrote comes right off of there agreement that I have. There is NO WAY I'm giving them $300. I'll see them in court first. :mad:

hdtvtechno said:
isnt STSF the same as NFL HD ?;)

Having NFL HD this year would mean that you could receive 8 more games in HD this year without having to sub to Sunday Ticket or Super Fan.

JAG72 said:
Having NFL HD this year would mean that you could receive 8 more games in HD this year without having to sub to Sunday Ticket or Super Fan.

I doubt that the NFL network games will be offered in HD as part of the Super Fan package. IIRC, the only games shown on the Sunday Ticket are the 1pm and 4pm games that are shown on Fox and CBS. The Sunday and Monday night games have never been part of the package, so I doubt that NFL network's Thursday and Saturday games will be part of it either.

That doesn't mean that we won't get to see the NFL Network games in HD, however. D* has been good about offering that channel's limited HD content (whether it be preseason games or original programming) to all D* HD subscribers on one of the channels in the 90s. I would hope that D* would do the same thing with the NFL Network's live game package this year; though I have not seen any official announcements about that yet.

elephant98 said:
I doubt that the NFL network games will be offered in HD as part of the Super Fan package. IIRC, the only games shown on the Sunday Ticket are the 1pm and 4pm games that are shown on Fox and CBS. The Sunday and Monday night games have never been part of the package, so I doubt that NFL network's Thursday and Saturday games will be part of it either.

That doesn't mean that we won't get to see the NFL Network games in HD, however. D* has been good about offering that channel's limited HD content (whether it be preseason games or original programming) to all D* HD subscribers on one of the channels in the 90s. I would hope that D* would do the same thing with the NFL Network's live game package this year; though I have not seen any official announcements about that yet.

You totaly missed what I said. I said that you could receive 8 more games in HD WITHOUT Sunday Ticket or Super Fan.

JAG72 said:
You totaly missed what I said. I said that you could receive 8 more games in HD WITHOUT Sunday Ticket or Super Fan.

D'oh! You are absolutely correct. Me no read so good. Sorry 'bout that. :)

It's pointless for them to do an HD addition if it's just going to be in HD-Lite. :(

raoul5788 said:
We all know that D* doesn't have the best pq on their hd channels. Hopefully they will when the two sats go up next year. When that happens, I can't wait to hear you say that D* has the best pq. Right.
If they do, I will. I have what I consider a large investment in them. Nothing would make me happier. Well, besides Jessica Alba or Salma Hayak or Kate Beckinsale................

Last edited:
goaliebob99 said:
only two channels are.. we did notice a trend though that none of the mpg4 channels are full rez

I would bet that dish wants to do full rez, maybe have problems with the mpeg4 equipment!

Thinking

:devil:
jabroni said:
Directv will respond. It may take a month or so, but you watch, they will throw us a bone to keep us from leaving...probably HGTV-HD.

Thinking like that wins wars :devil: :devil:

Neutron said:
It's pointless for them to do an HD addition if it's just going to be in HD-Lite. :(
So you'd rather that E* don't add any new HD channels if they're HD-Lite? IMHO I'd rather had a HD-Lite version of the channel until they can go to full rez then be stuck with just the SD version.

This is really starting to bother me. D* sounds like the Red Sox fans (Before you start I am), " Wait till next year." I am getting sick of waiting. Truth be told the only channel E* has that D* doesn't is NFL HD, but at least E* is trying. D* better start doing or at least saying something soon. NFL Sunday Ticket is only going to appease me for so long.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts