Dish adds Glenn Beck's The Blaze to its Top 250 Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wouldn't draw that conclusion. This channel will be a big money maker for Dish. They are paying less than 10 cents a month for a service that many people will upgrade their package for or even pay $5 a month for. If they could make as much money on another new channel it would have been put on the Dish network as well. This will probably make them more money than a shopping channel.

The Blaze has a show for kids called "Liberty Tree" that teaches about American history, a subject neglected in most public schools today. I checked it out while waiting for Glenn's 5PM (eastern) show.
Definitely neglected, especially in all of those American History classes they take. Almost no mentioning of American history... only stuff about penguins and ducks. And don't get be started on alGebra or the darn Greeks and their geometry or Roman numerals or worse yet, those commie Brits and their Calculus. What is wrong with American Math?!

But adding this channel just shows how useless the "Official Request Thread" is.
I wouldn't say it is useless... it is an effective placebo. I don't expect Dish Network to drop everything to go out and get a channel that 50 people "liked" at SatGuys. The Official Request Thread is our conduit to adding our voice to hopefully a larger pile of voices.

Wow this channel certainly has divided the posters. Given that it is SD only, it is practically free for Dish to offer. If the 10cents per user on AT250 is true, Dish probably makes it back on ad insertion, essentially costing Dish nothing to making a slight profit on the channel. Essentially Dish sees low cost in bandwidth since SD and advertising insertion. Even those opposed to the channel should realize that the channel does not take away from another possible addition and the Dish programming bill is probably neutral or helped by the channel. Even if you lock it out of your guide, you essentially have no billing effect by having this channel appear.

Funny, I didn't see one request for this channel in the Request for new channels thread. Makes you wonder why DISH added it ,other than the huge profits they will make off it . Especially if it only cost DISH .10 a sub for it and they charge $5.00 for subs to get it. Already have this channel blocked at my house and that is where it will stay.

Funny, I didn't see one request for this channel in the Request for new channels thread.
Probably had something to with nobody expecting GBTV to be on TV. Why would you ask for an Internet site to be on a Dish channel. Didn't see too many requests for Yahoo either.

Don't criticize the Blaze Channel until you have watched it non-stop for at least six hours. Then you can make an intelligent judgement. There are these unwatched channels like Current, Democracy Now!, etc. This is equal time.

renegade734 said:
... and we need a Glenn Beck channel why ???

Going by your question, we need you as as a poster why? Answer is some might like to see both....

Brussam said:
Probably had something to with nobody expecting GBTV to be on TV. Why would you ask for an Internet site to be on a Dish channel. Didn't see too many requests for Yahoo either.

I had no idea he started a TV channel. (Other than I thought he did an online show)

mitchflorida said:
Don't criticize the Blaze Channel until you have watched it non-stop for at least six hours. Then you can make an intelligent judgement. There are these unwatched channels like Current, Democracy Now!, etc. This is equal time.
That's akin to saying one needs to watch Creationism Science Network before coming to a conclusion about its content.

It's not exactly equal time. I want to watch Current TV but I only have the Welcome Pack. Why won't Dish let me order that Channel A la Carte for $5?

I watched it yesterday and while I don't always agree with Beck, I thought it was good unique content that makes you think.

Its not for everyone though and the nice part is if you don't want to watch it then you don't have to tune in to it. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts