Dish Adds NFL Network to Sling TV Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sounds like they are getting out of the regular satellite service since they pulled the NFL network from regular subs

Sling TV to Launch NFL Network, Red Zone
Sling TV said it has reached an agreement to carry the NFL Network and NFL RedZone, in time for regular season kick-off.

“NFL Network and NFL RedZone elevate our sports offering in time for one of the most anticipated sports seasons of the year,” said Sling TV CEO Roger Lynch in a statement. “This NFL season, Sling TV customers will have access to game coverage spanning across multiple networks. Our customizable packaging continues to be industry leading, benefiting Sling TV customers by empowering them to choose what they want.”
http://www.multichannel.com/news/sp...862?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So it appears that part of the NFL Network dispute was to secure rights for SlingTV

Reactions: Tampa8
Good news, is there any way to tell which channels can have multiple streams?

Vue seems to clearly be the superior service, but we're an Xbox household.
You can still get Vue if you have a Fire TV box or Fire TV Stick. As far as multiple views go, the Sling TV website lets you know that it is the Disney associated channels(including ESPN) that are single view only. If you look up the packages for viewing, especially combining the Orange package with the Blue, it mentions which channels are single view only.
Edit: You still have to set up a Sony/PlayStation account, but you can still have Vue without a PlayStation console. Fire TV is better than Roku for watching live TV with Vue. The Fire TV remote allows you to skip ahead in 10 second intervals to bypass commercials on recordings.

I know, but with Xbox Ones on both TVs that do 99% of what we'd use a Fire TV or Roku (we have both of those ... somewhere ... still unpacking from a February move) we're trying to stick to services available on them.

I know, but with Xbox Ones on both TVs that do 99% of what we'd use a Fire TV or Roku (we have both of those ... somewhere ... still unpacking from a February move) we're trying to stick to services available on them.
Is Sling TV on Xbox? If you don't watch & can live without Fox News, then personally, Sling TV now has the channels that I would watch(Syfy, USA) that I currently get with the $35.00 Vue package.

Yup. We haven't paid for TV since February, but just working on contingencies for football season aside from me tracking down pirated streams or something every weekend. Would rather just pay for something more dependable.

Yup. We haven't paid for TV since February, but just working on contingencies for football season aside from me tracking down pirated streams or something every weekend. Would rather just pay for something more dependable.
One thing to consider, PlayStation Vue has access to more apps on Roku than SlingTV does. You can sign into the watch ESPN app using Sling TV, but that is about it. Apps like SyFy, USA, AMC, pretty much all the ABC/Disney affiliated apps, Fox network apps(including Fox Now & FX Now), NBC affiliated apps(like NBC & NBCSN) can be signed onto through PlayStation Vue, but so far only the ESPN app can be signed onto through Sling TV. Just something to think about if you are interested in that sort of thing. Also, as far as I know, only Fire TV carries the Fox Sports app, which you can sign onto using PlayStation Vue. The one thing that you can do is to do the 7 day trial with both, preferably when both the NFL Network & Redzone are available, & then see which one works best for your needs9cancelling the other). I'm assuming that you already have an antenna set up for OTA viewing.

On a related sports note, I just saw an online ad announcing that my local RSN (Fox Sports San Diego) is now available on Sling TV. I wonder if that's happening in all markets (including where the RSN is owned by other networks) or just Fox ones.

That was a huge turning point in my decision to cut the cord this year and go with Playstation Vue. The Fox RSN televises every Padres game and most Clippers games, in addition to offering a lot of locally produced college games and other sports-related shows (sports talk, interviews, profiles, etc.).

If I recall, none of the Root Sports channels are available on SlingTV or Playstation Vue...they are owned by, surprise surprise, DirecTV (and now AT&T).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)