Dish adds Smithsonian Channel as part of CBS Agreement

How's that again? Dish signs a retransmission agreement for Smithsonian, but before it goes live, CBS changes the programming?

Reactions: navychop
I do.

I am hearing CBS is looking to start a new Network and that they want to use that slot for that new channel.
Excellent! Who needs a boring channel filled with intelligent content, when we can have another excellent and much-needed reality/sports/nostalgia channel?

Excellent! Who needs a boring channel filled with intelligent content, when we can have another excellent and much-needed reality/sports/nostalgia channel?
Unfortunately, intelligence is not mainstream...

The deal is made already. It will take time to go live on Dish. I don't think the idea of putting it on is dead.

Guess I don't understand................they can remove channels due to disputes, and then when the dispute is resolved, they can turn the channels back on.........yet it takes them forever to "add" a channel after an agreement is reached

How's that again? Dish signs a retransmission agreement for Smithsonian, but before it goes live, CBS changes the programming?

Another scumbag move like the IMF/Ovation deal (which I'm still mad about.)

There should be no need to get rid of one channel to add another one, they should get rid of some (all) of the redundant channels on the system and there'd be plenty of space for all. But instead, we get crap like this, or what I just mentioned, or losing MTV-X for Logo.

Reactions: TheKrell
Just taking what Scott is hearing, maybe what is really happening is that Smithsonian will be no more?

Ok, going back to watching the WeatherNation channel. Riveting stuff... following a weather front ....:) :)

Reactions: ChadT41
Well, let's move to HEVC and solve this problem. PLENTY of space for more channels then! Just replace all the equipment in the field..... And we'll FINALLY pry those VIPs from theKrell's hands.

That could easily become part of a new channel that replaces Smithsonian. Who knows, Smithsonian could pop up still.

Just taking what Scott is hearing, maybe what is really happening is that Smithsonian will be no more?

Ok, going back to watching the WeatherNation channel. Riveting stuff... following a weather front ....:) :)
I saw an ad for the Smithsonian Channel recently while watching TV. They were promoting a new series.