Dish Again running AAD Distant Network Message

affox14

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
I just noticed that Dish Network is running a message again on ch 240 and 260 about Distant Networks again through AAD. The message was taken down in January. Now it is back. I just wonder why they took the message down, and now they come back with it, Has anything new happenned? Even though there is AAD, I still believe that Congress needs to pass a new law, to help us all out, because the PQ with AAD is not always good. What does everyone think?

I just noticed that Dish Network is running a message again on ch 240 and 260 about Distant Networks again through AAD. The message was taken down in January. Now it is back. I just wonder why they took the message down, and now they come back with it, Has anything new happenned? Even though there is AAD, I still believe that Congress needs to pass a new law, to help us all out, because the PQ with AAD is not always good. What does everyone think?

It's back because all local networks are being taken down April 1st.

I called AAD once and it seems they will sign up anyone who wants it. So much for meeting any criteria. I would have signed up if they provided the stations in HD but they don't and probably never will. It's too bad they only offer Atlanta and SF feeds. If they offered a better choice like Chicago, NYC, or Philly feeds they would get a better response. Anyway, I think Moltomateo made an April Fools joke.

Lost AAD feed last night

After taking three CSRs and a week, I got my feeds restored last Wednesday. Now I lost them again. Will try for the CSR that got things going again.

Looks like AAD designed this little ad, it's kind of cheaply made and doesn't look like Dish's usual info banners. They should put their time and effort into improving the PQ on their channels instead of worrying about price increases and advertising.

I still haven't tried AAD but do think about it from time to time I miss haveing a 3 hour delay on shows I miss.

I still haven't tried AAD but do think about it from time to time I miss haveing a 3 hour delay on shows I miss.

That would about the only thing your missing. PQ is still very unpredictable. Sometime the picture is good and others not so great. I do wonder if they are still getting the feeds from OTA antenna's which would explain the spotty PQ. For those that cannot get the nets any other way, this is really the only alternative but the service leaves a lot to be desired. And there recent price hike just added salt to the open wound.

Could the earlier $2.50 price been a lure to get people in.
Then after a short time go up on the price. Afterall, NPS feels it is the only choice,so they raise the price. Tacky of them,but maybe true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts