622 L4.01 To Spool on Thursday! (Not sure WHICH thursday though)

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got word that the long awaited VIP 622 L4.01 update will be released to customers beginning on Thursday. It will be a partial release so not everyone will get it on Thursday.

A document from Dish explaining the HD Mapdown feature is attached to this message.

In addition the 501 / 508 / 510 will get new software (version P3.67) on Tursday.

Attachments

• QuickFacts_HDMapdown.pdf
    177 KB · Views: 2,396
P367 start spooling 4 days ago 3/8/07:
PID: 0869h, ID: 6RSD, FW: P367, Model: PVR501. [34318841-34452840, 53358841-53573987, 60391988-61097987]
PID: 0861h, ID: 6QSD, FW: P367, Model: PVR501.

Will see what first batch of 622 will be covered by L4.01.

Say hello to Jennifer next time ;).

I think the hd icon next to the channel is kinda useless, it's not knowing what CHANNEL is in hd, it's knowing if the PROGRAM that is showing on the channel is in hd!

For example, tnt hd and a&e hd, and their barrage of sd content or tnt with "stretchovision"... just because the channel is hd, you can't rely on that...

obviously they have a way to tell if the program is hd or not with the changes to dish pass, why not give us an icon to show it?!

I like the HD icon in the guide.

The entire guide now looks slick and more professional. I also like how all the channel names are justified to the right so they all line up.

A good job was done on the look.

So, you're saying that no everyone will get the update? Is there anything we can do make sure we get the update? I don't mind being a beta tester.

No, what he's saying is that some receivers will get the update on Thursday not all of them. Then maybe next week they will release it to all the receivers.

and Here is Johnny:

<font color="#0080FF"><b>3/14/2007: 1030</b></font> <b>Software Version L4.01 for ViP 622 DVR</b>
<p>
Effective <b><font color="red">Thursday, March 15th</font></b>, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version <b>L4.01</b> for the <b>ViP622DVR</b> receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at <b>ALL</b> satellite locations.
<p></p>
At this time <b>L3.66 and L4.01</b> will be the valid software versions for the <b>ViP 622 DVR</b>.

So, you're saying that no everyone will get the update? Is there anything we can do make sure we get the update? I don't mind being a beta tester.

If your a Dish customer, you already are a beta tester :D

Software updates are generally rolled out in phases, you just have to wait for your turn. Dish software updates are one of the times in life where it's better not to be first.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)