622 L4.01 To Spool on Thursday! (Not sure WHICH thursday though)

I was hoping we might get it today since no one predicted it. Maybe next Thursday, if no one predicts it, we'll get it then.

Or maybe when everyone has forgotten about L4.01 or no longer cares about it, we'll get it then. :)

Has anyone had success with Dolby Digital thru HDMI? I got the update but can't figure out how to get DD thru HDMI. I have HDMI to TV and then optical cable from TV to audio receiver.

Why not just run that optical cable from the ViP622 to the receiver? That's what I do.

Has anyone had success with Dolby Digital thru HDMI? I got the update but can't figure out how to get DD thru HDMI. I have HDMI to TV and then optical cable from TV to audio receiver.

Your TV will only send DD to the receiver if you have an OTA antenna hooked up direct to the tv. To get DD from the 622 run the optical cable direct from the 622 to the Audio Receiver.

Why not just run that optical cable from the ViP622 to the receiver? That's what I do.

I have an optical cable connected from the TV to the receiver which gets me DD on cable TV QAM tuner. I have an optical cable going from 622 to audio receiver to get DD on satalite. I have to switch inputs on the audio receiver when I go from cable to satalite on the TV. I would like to get DD thru HDMI on the 622 so I can just switch inputs on the TV and not the stereo. I get audio from the HDMI but its not in DD so I have to switch inputs on the stereo to the one thats is connected via optical from 622.

I don't know of any TV's that will pass HDMI-in through the Optical out. At least the TV's I have and have messed with do not.

Your tv will have to accept 5.1DD for it to work, most tv's will not do this except the ones sold this past few months. I have the 60" SXRD Sony XBR1 and it will only do 2.0DD, I didn't know this when I bought it.

I realize I will probably get slammed for this, but where do I go to see what version of software I have?

Thanks.