622 L4.01 To Spool on Thursday! (Not sure WHICH thursday though)

I don't understand why some channels feel they need to run a show 80 times in one week and fill up all my timers.
Because it's all the "content" they've got. Better hope one of your kids doesn't set a timer for one of "their" shows ! My 5-yr old daughter set a timer for Dora the Explorer and I haven't checked if she did "New" or "All". If she did "All", I'll count how many it's caught and post it later. I'll bet it's hundreds.

Actually, I need to revise the question too.

If I have PiP up, how do I change the channel of the smaller window without having to move it to the main window?

Because it's all the "content" they've got. Better hope one of your kids doesn't set a timer for one of "their" shows ! My 5-yr old daughter set a timer for Dora the Explorer and I haven't checked if she did "New" or "All". If she did "All", I'll count how many it's caught and post it later. I'll bet it's hundreds.

Thats not a problem as I don't have any kids. And if I did, they would only be allowed to touch their DVR.

Actually, I need to revise the question too.

If I have PiP up, how do I change the channel of the smaller window without having to move it to the main window?

I don't think you can, but I remember something about the browse button, but I'm not home and can't check to see what it does right now.

I don't think you can, but I remember something about the browse button, but I'm not home and can't check to see what it does right now.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=851312&postcount=4

Pepper posted this:

"you can use the right arrow "browse" function, scroll up/down to find a channel you're interested in, then press PIP and that will change the channel in the PIP window. This may be new with L401 but I think it might have been there before."

Thats not a problem as I don't have any kids. And if I did, they would only be allowed to touch their DVR.

That is much easier said than done in reality. :D I instruct my 9 year old to ask me to program the DVR for him, but he is smart, and he knows how to do it.

AND yes, there was a time when I found timers set for EVERY episode of Drake and Josh and Suite Life of Zach and Cody. I quickly nuked that. But since almost everything he watches is in SD, I let him record a fair amount. It doesn't have much impact on my HD content space. ANd he now knows to program single events or to program just new ones...

I think what I like most about L4.01 is the ability to have 576 timers.

AMEN to that. Now if they double it again, it would probably be enough.

Although I guess I can delete my "Queer Eye" timers now. :(

I deleted a whole bunch of "Wonderpets" because my 4 yr. son figured out how to set a timer :rolleyes:

I don't have the update yet. Are they just sending it out to beta testers right now?

I received the L4.01 update yesterday and did not sign up for any beta test. I was worried about losing recordings on the DVR based on what I read here but no adverse effects here.

That new message about having an unviewed on demand movie is a little annoying.

Also noticed something diffferent doing a search for hd movies. The list order goes
SHOHD - 3XX
STARZHD - 3XX
STARZHD - 9XXX
SHOHD - 9XXX

Hope that means they are trying to correct the duplicate problem and not just a step backwards.

First rule of PC HelpDesk - ask for reboot mailfunctioning PC then proceed to script.

Yep, unless the user is a real PIA, in that case you have them go through 10 to 20 minutes of pointless troubleshooting then reboot. :D

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)