Dish aiming issue... confirm possible "solution" please?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shingles

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
I have a Dish1000 running into (1) 622 and (2) 211 via a switch. I am located at 77469. The symptom is I am not getting 110*, but I can getting 119 and 129 well... 119 = 100+ and 129 = 80+...

But I did a test and think I know the problem, but wanted to confirm with you guys...

While in the signal tester:
If I block the 110 LNB, I lost the 119 signal.
If I block the 119 LNB, I lost the 129 signal.

Based on the above test, I am thinking that my dish needs to the turned a little more to the left (when facing south) and raise the elevation... does this sound right?

thanks!
-S

I would do the following...connect your receiver directly to the 129 LNB. Tune in 129 and the other 2 should be there, as long as the skew is properly set. This is a very common occurance.

I used to know the trick to fix that...It's either drop 2 dgrees and move West 2-3 dgress, or raise it 2 degrees and move West 2-3 degrees.

Sorry I can't recall

shingles said:
I have a Dish1000 running into (1) 622 and (2) 211 via a switch. I am located at 77469. The symptom is I am not getting 110*, but I can getting 119 and 129 well... 119 = 100+ and 129 = 80+...

But I did a test and think I know the problem, but wanted to confirm with you guys...

While in the signal tester:
If I block the 110 LNB, I lost the 119 signal.
If I block the 119 LNB, I lost the 129 signal.

Based on the above test, I am thinking that my dish needs to the turned a little more to the left (when facing south) and raise the elevation... does this sound right?

thanks!
-S

You said it yourself... It looks like the 110 is pointing to 119, the 119 is pointing to 129, and your 129 is pointing to 139 which is zero...zippo..signal.

I'm not familiar with this dish but what I would do is cover all the LNB's except 119, hook up only 119 to the receiver with NO switch. Do a check switch so it zero's out the switch settings. Point the dish at 119 and set your skew. Move your cable over to 110 and check the strength. If you have something then hook all the LNB's back up and the switch. Do a check switch and then do your fine tuning to peak out 129 with losing 110 and 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)