Dish alignement......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bincitybandit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
I'm having troube with losing signal on certain channels......ESPN, DisneyXD, ABC Family, HBO to name a few. Wondering what transponder & satellite these stations would be on. And what is my likely problem.......Azimuth, elevation, or tilt?

Thanks

HD versions............

Slimline 5 dish, HR24 receivers, don't know the LNB model off hand................

Signal strengths are mostly 70-85, save for a few transponders....................

they should be higher than that
My HD strengths are all in the 90's

as for the transponders, all 4 you noted are on 99
ESPN & ABC family are on 13
HBO is on 7
Disney XD is on 14

I'm having troube with losing signal on certain channels......ESPN, DisneyXD, ABC Family, HBO to name a few. Wondering what transponder & satellite these stations would be on. And what is my likely problem.......Azimuth, elevation, or tilt?

Thanks

It could be any or all that need adjustment. With the signal strengths you mentioned, the dish definitely needs peaking.

Thanks for the help so far everybody...........wondering if the following info will allow any of you to help me narrow it down to the closest possible problem. When I do a system test I get a diagnostic code: 43-416, with the message that I may dish may need some adjustment.

Here are the signal strengths I get on all the satellites........

101: 82-99 on all transponders except 4,12,18,20, and 26 which read 0

110: 95-97 on all transponders

119: 95-97 on all transponders, except 25 which reads 25, and 0 on transponders 23 & 31

99 (c): 62-71 on all transponders

99 (s): 0 on all except for transponder 21 which reads 77

103 (s): Transponder 16 is 91, TS 19 is 89, TS 20 is 86, while all others show 0

103 (cw): 73-90 on all transponders

103 (cb): 82-93 on all transponders

Another question: would poor alignment make downloading stuff from CinemaPlus reeaaalllllyyyyyy slow?

Is it normal to have so many that read zero?

And to which 103 are you refering........all of them?

Having a lot of zeros on the 99s and 103s is common as the only ones that you'll have numbers on are the ones serving your area.
The s is Spotbeam.
The 99c and 103c should also be in the high 80's and 90's.

Thanks for all the insight fellas........I appreciate it. Guess I will get the bucket truck out tomorrow and head for the roof. I've put up 10 or so D* dishes over the years, but this was just the second Slimline 5. I don't know what happened, because as far as I know, the other one works just fine...............It sure is frustrating for a sports fan to not be able to get the "Mothership" (ESPN) all of the time.

Any other thoughts on downloading "on-demand" stuff? I had this receiver hooked to a Phase III dish prior to the Slimline 5, and it seemed to work fine........could usually start watching a show after 15 minutes or so not worry about buffering. I tried to download an HD movie the other night, and 8 hours later it only had done 7%............

Thanks for all the insight fellas........I appreciate it. Guess I will get the bucket truck out tomorrow and head for the roof. I've put up 10 or so D* dishes over the years, but this was just the second Slimline 5. I don't know what happened, because as far as I know, the other one works just fine...............It sure is frustrating for a sports fan to not be able to get the "Mothership" (ESPN) all of the time.

Any other thoughts on downloading "on-demand" stuff? I had this receiver hooked to a Phase III dish prior to the Slimline 5, and it seemed to work fine........could usually start watching a show after 15 minutes or so not worry about buffering. I tried to download an HD movie the other night, and 8 hours later it only had done 7%............

That's more than slow. What speed is your normal d/l at?

I havent' had a chance to make my adjustments yet..........it is windy, cloudy, and foggy here.........tonight I have all zero's on 99 (c). I would have thought if anything it would have dropped into the 20's or 30's, but was surprised to see zilch across the board. Is this just weather and alignment issues, or do I have more problems?

Is this a SWM setup (one cable from the roof to the switch) or do you have the BBC converters? (SWM doesnt need them)

Otherwise it still sounds like a minor adjustment is needed

I've got four cables coming off the dish with two B-band converters on each receiver......................

Went up and peaked the dish yesterday, got the 99 satellite to read 90-95 on all transponders. 10:00 last night, searching for signal and all of 99 showed zero.............

Any chance this could be an LNB problem?

I've got four cables coming off the dish with two B-band converters on each receiver......................

Went up and peaked the dish yesterday, got the 99 satellite to read 90-95 on all transponders. 10:00 last night, searching for signal and all of 99 showed zero.............

Any chance this could be an LNB problem?

Yup !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts