Status
Please reply by conversation.

BigL

Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
AU9 Slimline
H20-100
Dallas/Ft. Worth area (75454)

I have lost all Local HD channels, after a heavy rainstorm. They do show in the guide, but I get the searching for signal error. All other channels are working fine. After running setup and restarting the reciever 100 times, and calling custom service, I can only assume there is a problem at the dish.

The DFW HD Locals are on 103, if I am not mistaken. I am getting no signal from 103. Do I need to fine tune the dish allignment or should I check something else first.

Signal Strength:

101 Odds (75 - 84)
Evens (0-100)
110 3 Trans (All 3 Mid 70's)
119 11 Trans (80-100)
99(Net10) 0 Trans (All N/A)
99(Net11) 32 Trans (All 0's)
103(Net 14) 32 Trans (All 0's)
103(Net 15) 0 Trans (All N/A)

AU9 Slimline
H20-100
Dallas/Ft. Worth area (75454)

I have lost all Local HD channels, after a heavy rainstorm. They do show in the guide, but I get the searching for signal error. All other channels are working fine. After running setup and restarting the reciever 100 times, and calling custom service, I can only assume there is a problem at the dish.

The DFW HD Locals are on 103, if I am not mistaken. I am getting no signal from 103. Do I need to fine tune the dish allignment or should I check something else first.

Signal Strength:

101 Odds (75 - 84)
Evens (0-100)
110 3 Trans (All 3 Mid 70's)
119 11 Trans (80-100)
99(Net10) 0 Trans (All N/A)
99(Net11) 32 Trans (All 0's)
103(Net 14) 32 Trans (All 0's)
103(Net 15) 0 Trans (All N/A)

It does sound like an alignment problem, although you MAY have water in a connection somewhere.

Try a set of rabbit ears on the back of your H20, 75454 will probably surprise you. You will have to go into the setup menu for TV antenna.

Try a set of rabbit ears on the back of your H20, 75454 will probably surprise you. You will have to go into the setup menu for TV antenna.

I noticed you are in Celina. Do you use an OTA antenna? That was the first thing I thought of, but was unsure if I would be able to receive any locals, being this far north. Any tips on antenna size, location (in or out), etc, would be appreciated.

I noticed you are in Celina. Do you use an OTA antenna? That was the first thing I thought of, but was unsure if I would be able to receive any locals, being this far north. Any tips on antenna size, location (in or out), etc, would be appreciated.
I have a customer in the Westgrove area I think that is the same zip code as you gets excellent reception on an OTA antenna. I have a set of rabbit ears in a South facing window and all except CH8 come in reliably. A small antenna pointed at Cedar Hill should work well for you. A Winegard Sensar II unamplified (GS1100) should work in most attics.:)

I have a customer in the Westgrove area I think that is the same zip code as you gets excellent reception on an OTA antenna. I have a set of rabbit ears in a South facing window and all except CH8 come in reliably. A small antenna pointed at Cedar Hill should work well for you. A Winegard Sensar II unamplified (GS1100) should work in most attics.:)

Thanks...... I am in Melissa, so I will give that a shot. It will be more than a week before someone can come to repoint the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)