Dish alignment problem

ffontana

Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh pa
Dish took a hit from a falling ladder. I can get sat 119 aligned OK but not sat129 with the same setting. It appears 129 is the HD stuff. When I peak on 129, I loose 119. What transponder should I set to when aligning?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, if the dish was hit hard enough, it may have warped the dish so slightly that you will not notice it from the naked eye, but the focal points are ruined. Agreed, get another dish.

Set the AZ, EL and SK. Make sure you're getting the correct LNBs on their respective satellites. Foil the outer LNBs and align the middle LNB, the 119W one, on 119W. Unfoil the outer LNBs and run a Check Switch. If that doesn't work you may have, as suggested above, a warped reflector. You could also sign up for DHPP and give E* a call. It should only cost $30. DHPP is $6 per month so just cancel before the 2nd month starts.

Set the AZ, EL and SK. Make sure you're getting the correct LNBs on their respective satellites. Foil the outer LNBs and align the middle LNB, the 119W one, on 119W. Unfoil the outer LNBs and run a Check Switch. If that doesn't work you may have, as suggested above, a warped reflector. You could also sign up for DHPP and give E* a call. It should only cost $30. DHPP is $6 per month so just cancel before the 2nd month starts.

And, they will probably waive the fee for the first visit, if you have not had one in the past year (As long as you add DHPP).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)