Eurochannel Sneak Preview

Eurochannel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Miami
Hey guys,

Just to inform you that Eurochannel (number 752) will be available for free to all DISH International subscribers from 7th of October until 4th of November during our special Sneak Preview.

In October, we will dedicate our programming to Germany with a special German Month celebrating the 20th anniversary of the fall of Berlin Wall.

All programs are subtitled in English.

If you would have any comment on the channel, our monthly guide, our programming, or whatever you would like to share with us, we would be glad to hear them out.

Last edited:
For those which would be interested in subscribing to Eurochannel, we've just launched a special 3 months for free offer. All details on our website.

Besides, we received some emails regarding the technical expenses in order to be set up on 118.7 and receive Eurochannel (or generally any International channel). Please note that if you need to change your dish and/or lnb any upgrade whatsoever, all technical expenses will be covered by DISH Network for a 24 months commitment.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'm interested in getting the channel. However, I don't have a dish at 118.7. Since I have two dish500s, pointed at 110/119 & 61.5 with cascaded DP3s, I'm guessing I'd need new switches and perhaps LNBs as well as the third dish. Might not go over well with She Who Must Be Obeyed, even if she wants the programs. And we already have more than we can watch. Sigh.

I suppose I could dump the 508 and go to EA and have just the two dishes and the two ViP722 DVRs. But I'm fresh into a 2 year commitment, not sure if Dish would want to renew the commitment so early - again. Have to look into this. 3 free months then $9.99 per month. I'm sure she'll let me know! ;)

For those which would be interested in subscribing to Eurochannel, we've just launched a special 3 months for free offer. All details on our website.

Besides, we received some emails regarding the technical expenses in order to be set up on 118.7 and receive Eurochannel (or generally any International channel). Please note that if you need to change your dish and/or lnb any upgrade whatsoever, all technical expenses will be covered by DISH Network for a 24 months commitment.

Is the 24 month commitment to dish or to dish and the eurochannel??

Yes I have noticed that too just while chnaging the channel, the aspect ratio on 752 is all wrong, some things look like 16:9 squeezed to 4:3 and others look stretched.

Channel 752 @ 118 has already gone into free preview.

Indeed, DISH has chosen to open the free access to the channel one week sooner than initally planned. The end date of the Sneak Preview remains the same : 4th of November.

So you can enjoy one extra week of Eurochannel for free!:)

You can discover all our October German Month programming on our monthly guide available on our website (in eastern, central and western timezone, English and French as well).

Last edited:
The shame of it all is, so few have the proper equipment aimed at 118. So getting a free preview is limited to a very few.

Calling Dish and extending for 2 years (& signing up for Euro up front? Why else would they put up the dish, etc?) is not practical unless you're already sold. Maybe a few free downloads to entice a few more customers?

The shame of it all is, so few have the proper equipment aimed at 118. So getting a free preview is limited to a very few.

Calling Dish and extending for 2 years (& signing up for Euro up front? Why else would they put up the dish, etc?) is not practical unless you're already sold. Maybe a few free downloads to entice a few more customers?

I did the contract for the 1000+ for the French Package since most have English subtitles, and for the DPP44 switch :), and also in case I wanted to "move" I could pick one of the few cities on 118.

Actually its been in free preview mode several weeks now since before 9/15. But maybe just for certain international language customers that already had a dish 1000+ or 500+ for 118 satellite.

Why this channel is not on 110?

I had Eurochannel before it was moved away from 148. Now it is in Conus beam only so Alaskans cannot get it anymore. I was wondering if anyone talked about moving this channel to 110 where BBC America is?

My point is, unlike other internationals, Euronews is available in English, so why not having it there among with other "american language" channels and therefore available without special equipment. I really miss it...:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts