Vip 722 - Error 321 - Confirm my Fix?

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
My 722 died yesterday and gives the 311 or 521 error about the unit can be unplugged for 1 minutes, yadda, yadda. DVR button says the function is no longer available. Tried unplugging and also the reformat command. Made no difference. I can hear the HDD trying to spin up and it sounds sick.

Ok so I figure the HDD is doomed now. Since I own this unit I would rather just put in a new hard drive. After researching other threads and posts Ive found that I can replace the drive with :

Hitachi HCS725050VLA380
ST3500830SCE
WDC WD5000AAJS-57

From what I've read the Western digital is very picky about the -57 model number and they are hard to find, though still available for purchase. The ST3500830SCE seems to be the best replacement but I am having a hard time finding one to purchase.

Should I just try to find a Seagate HDD still or is there a better solution that someone can led me to? I want to keep the full 500 GB capacity.

Thanks guys!

I ordered a ST3500830SCE that should be here in a few days. Anything special I need to know when installing? Ive built many PCs so should be nothing new. Will it automatically reformat the new drive?

Dropped in a new ST3500830SCE. Powered her up and it reformatted just fine. Now its working great again. Whats a little wierd though is that I have not heard the fan kick on again since rebooting. Seems to run cooler? How do I access the temperature counter again on a 722?

Where did you order from? Every time/place I've tried sofar has not been able to fill my order.

Dropped in a new ST3500830SCE. Powered her up and it reformatted just fine. Now its working great again. Whats a little wierd though is that I have not heard the fan kick on again since rebooting. Seems to run cooler? How do I access the temperature counter again on a 722?
menu - diags - counters - pgdn 6 or 7 times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)