dish alignment probs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mjbe

Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
central CA
Need help here. For many years have gone to desert around Ca City, east of Bakersfield. Zip 93505. I have a 3LNB dish on a tri-pod for Directv. Even when I had a box for Dis* Networ*, the setup went with very little problems. It seems that now Directv is becoming harder to zero in. I have all my pointing numbers and they seem to vary from different times. Not sure which is correct. When I go onto a sat dish setup site and input my zip, I get different numbers. Not sure if they are for one sat or my 3 sat dish. Becoming very confusing to me. What am I doing wrong? Have been reading this site for awhile and can't figure this out. Thanks.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Go to www.dishpointer.com Enter your zip code and it will give you the settings for the dish.
BTW, you can write out Dish Network, no one will yell at you! :) In fact, just shorten it to Dish, it's easier.

Thanks Chip for the reply. The Dish I had was a 'cheat box'. FTA?. Long, Long Gone. (O well) Yes, this is different than other sites. When I go onto a dish pointing site, as dishpointer dot com, I do not know if it is for 1 LNB or in my case a 3 LNB, or if it allows for magnetic differences. It has been so long, I don't know if I'm saying the it correct way. Mike

They will give you both azimuth settings. The magnetic azimuth number is for the 110 satellite with a 3 lnb sd setup, the skew will then get you the 101 and 119 satellites. If you are setting up an hd dish, then the azimuth number is for pointing at the 101 satellite.

I might have had that thought in the back of my mind but was never sure. Thanks for clarifying that. Didn't know before if I was given the true or magnetic azimuth. So I'll use my zip to locate the sat with the center lnb and rotate the skew for the other two. Piece of cake!!? Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)