Dish Alignment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hollter

Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Lambertville, NJ
This past weekend we had a terrible rain/wind storm in NJ and as a result my dish is now out of alignment. My question concerns doing this yourself. Is it easy to realign the dish yourself or should I just call customer service? If it is easy to correct by yourself, do you need any special tools? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

i have the same thing, in central NJ, i can't get to the dish, so they have to come out. The earliest they can come out is Friday.

This past weekend we had a terrible rain/wind storm in NJ and as a result my dish is now out of alignment. My question concerns doing this yourself. Is it easy to realign the dish yourself or should I just call customer service? If it is easy to correct by yourself, do you need any special tools? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

First, is this a Slimline, and what are you signal strengths? The hd dishes are more sensitive to small movements. Can you get to the dish? If so, try pushing slightly on one side of the dish and see if the ss goes up or down. It can take 15-20 seconds for the new ss to register on the screen. If you can get them to go up, then try adjusting the dish in that direction. GO SLOWLY and move the dish a little at a time! Good luck and make sure to let us know how it goes!

Take your cellphone up on the roof, call someone inside the house and have them tell you the signal strength levels as you slowly make tiny little dish movements.

In my experience it takes a few seconds for the signal strengths to change as you move the dish. It's not instantaneous, but it's not 15-20 seconds either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts