Dish and ACC Network/ESPN addition?

Well, let's see, I have seen innumerable Dish commercials recently saying you can watch virtually all Division 1 college sports on Dish. Considering that the ACC is division 1, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the ACC channel will be there. You may have to sub to the Sports tier to get there but it will be available...

Reactions: Pere845 and HipKat
I will make the assumption it will not be coming. No, I have not heard rumors or anything like that, I just know Dish doesn’t like to spend a lot of money, and this may not be something beneficial long run. Especially with all the other stuff going on, and the fact that this is a Disney(ESPN) channel.

I will make the assumption it will not be coming. No, I have not heard rumors or anything like that, I just know Dish doesn’t like to spend a lot of money, and this may not be something beneficial long run. Especially with all the other stuff going on, and the fact that this is a Disney(ESPN) channel.
Yet they carry the SEC Network which is also an ESPN channel. I say they will carry it. We'll find out before Fall begins....

Depends if it was written into the last contract. If it was it will probably be there at launch for the few viewers who care, if not it won’t show up until/unless Disney throws some concessions to Dish or the contract comes up again

Reactions: Pere845
Well, let's see, I have seen innumerable Dish commercials recently saying you can watch virtually all Division 1 college sports on Dish. Considering that the ACC is division 1, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the ACC channel will be there. You may have to sub to the Sports tier to get there but it will be available...

There was a thread about the ACC Network about a month ago that I responded to, and that is the exact reason I gave. Dish for the last 4-5 years have used that as a big marketing strategy as being the only nationwide provider with PAC12, Longhorn, Big10, and SEC Networks and being the only provider that you can watch all the D1 college football games. ACC is pretty big. Maybe their marketing strategy will change, but if it doesn't, I can't see them passing up on ACC Network. But if Disney rips them off, I can see Dish not carrying it. But my gut says they will.

I feel like if they were going to carry it, they’d do much like ATT and have announced already.

I don't have any insiders, but my guess is that Dish will do what DirecTV did in 2014 with the launching of the SEC Network. If I remember right, DirecTV announced SEC Network either the week of or the week before it launched. The only reason Dish announced it was carrying SEC Network 5 months before it launched was because the contract renewal occurred with Disney in March.

I'm glad I'm no longer paying for a bunch of nationwide networks (PAC12, SEC, ACC, Longhorn) that basically are just regional networks and have been forced down the throats of everybody due to Disney/ESPN strongarm tactics.

Reactions: Pere845 and osu1991
I'm glad I'm no longer paying for a bunch of nationwide networks (PAC12, SEC, ACC, Longhorn) that basically are just regional networks and have been forced down the throats of everybody due to Disney/ESPN strongarm tactics.
Well I live in NW Florida and I like having the SEC and hopefully the ACC networks. Also I'm originally from OHIO and it's nice to have the BIG 10 network. I could do w/o the longhorn and Pac 12 networks.

I don't have any insiders, but my guess is that Dish will do what DirecTV did in 2014 with the launching of the SEC Network. If I remember right, DirecTV announced SEC Network either the week of or the week before it launched. The only reason Dish announced it was carrying SEC Network 5 months before it launched was because the contract renewal occurred with Disney in March.
Great way to lose customers. I left DTV and went back to Dish when we were 3-4 weeks from launch and they hadn’t made an announcement. Hard to believe it’s been 5 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts