DISH and BBCA to bcast in 4K . . .

DISH to deliver BBC America's stunning Planet Earth II live in 4K Ultra HD

* Launches dedicated 4K channel to broadcast the landmark natural history television series every Saturday from Feb. 18 through March 25

* Offers exclusive free preview of BBC America beginning Feb. 14, giving all DISH customers access to Planet Earth II in 4K and HD at no extra cost

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Feb. 13, 2017 - DISH will deliver live in 4K Ultra HD the highly-anticipated natural history series, Planet Earth II. Narrated by Sir David Attenborough, the series will simulcast on BBC America, AMC and SundanceTV on Saturday, February 18, with subsequent episodes airing on BBCA every Saturday night. DISH's 4K broadcast offers an unrivaled level of clarity to Hopper 3<https://www.dish.com/hopper-3/> customers who tune in to watch the planet's most remarkable creatures.

DISH is also offering an exclusive free preview of BBC America, from February 14 through March 30, giving customers access to Planet Earth II in both 4K and HD at no extra cost.

"It's been more than 10 years since the world was first wowed by the original Planet Earth, and the second installment promises to deliver unmatched detail in crystal clear 4K resolution," said Vivek Khemka, DISH executive vice president and chief technology officer. "We've heard our customers ask for more 4K content, so we're making every effort to deliver this programming to households as its availability grows."

BBCA President, Sarah Barnett, commented: "The breathtaking visuals in Planet Earth II are nothing short of astounding. We are delighted to partner with DISH in bringing audiences this groundbreaking series in 4K, allowing viewers to get even closer to some of earth's most incredible creatures and gorgeous landscapes."

Planet Earth II, a sequel to the remarkable 2006 original, is an immersive exploration of the islands, mountains, jungles, grasslands, deserts and cities of the world. Captured in stunning Ultra-high definition detail, the documentary also embraces the latest camera stabilization, remote recording and aerial drone technology.

The series will air on consecutive Saturdays from February 18 through March 25 in 4K on DISH channel 540, and in HD on BBCA channel 135. Planet Earth II is available to DISH customers with a Hopper 3 and 4K TV.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44
Probably after it is uplinked and made available

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

540 has been up in 4K, hidden in test mode since Jan 25th according to the uplink reports.

Bigger question for me is, can we record it even if we don't have a 4K TV? I've been on the fence about it and probably won't pull the trigger this week, but would be nice to have it recorded for when I do

i wonder you guys if dish will get together will fox sports now and get the dish rights to broadcast fox sports since i saw a article on swanni website this morning saying directv got since we are talking about 4k

Will Dish eventually charge extra for 4k? I believe Direct currently charges a premium to receive 4k, so not charging extra for 4k might become a huge plus for Dish.

Will Dish eventually charge extra for 4k? I believe Direct currently charges a premium to receive 4k, so not charging extra for 4k might become a huge plus for Dish.
DIRECTV does not charge extra to get the 4K channels, just need to subscribe to the Select or higher programming package.

Reactions: goaliebob99

I'm sure a 4K fee will be in the works, as soon as they get a big enough audience built up for it. Just like they did the HD fee last decade.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Jillian2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts