DISH and ESPN3 access for KHL broadcasts during NHL lockout

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
Apparently ESPN has entered into an agreement to televise KHL games during the NHL lockout since many NHL players have signed with that league. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-while-nhl-locks-ovechkin-123107189--nhl.html

According to Yahoo sports news, the games will only be available via ESPN3 computer streaming.

My question would be - is it difficult for DISH to set up an agreement to get DISH subs access with ESPN Watch?

I can see computer access for PAC12 Network is saying DISH sub access is coming soon. My guess is that the database links will be set up once the free preview period ends for PAC12. However, ESPN has been part of the DISH lineup for quite awhile.

As a guess - not while they are feuding with Disney. But stranger things have happened. (Dish has Pac12 Direct does not - now that's a stranger thing...)

Try using a friends cable, FiOS, or U-Verse account to access. I'm going to try with my parents FiOS account. Thanks for that info because several Bruins players are going to be playing in the KHL this lockout.

Edit: I just downloaded Watch ESPN to my phone. Surprise surprise Dish is not a supported provider, but as I said, for me, FiOS is. Simply added mom and dad's account info, and there we are.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts